Not much said about this great Aussie Seq Supercar Shifter by SIMWORX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Turtle Power, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I think this Seq Supercar Shifter by SIMWORX deserves 5 stars and a lot of good talk. Well made, amazing look and it feels great in your hands. Good price if you compare it to other competitors. My favorite so far . The customer care and support is excellent too.
    Furthermore, there is something important I would like to mention about this shifter. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but If you own one, you already know how loud punchy metal noise is when shifting gears. I actually prefer it noisy. The problem is, my wife want me out of the house and neighbors are trying to kill me. Received two complains stating that I am using a hammer for house works after hours late at night :D:D:D. I cannot disagree with them because its true, its loud. Unfortunately, at this stage, SIMWORX does not have any solution for noise reduction and hopefully it will be available at some point in the future.

I did not want to get rid off this piece of art, so I came up with a little custom add-on noise reduction solution. Very simple solution without damaging or changing anything. A couple of rubber bumpers and a few washers. If you are interested feel free to check this short video.

Finally I can continue to hammer this beauty and keep my marriage stable :p. Friendly neighbors too.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Simple solutions are usually the best solutions. I'd love to have one of those shifters.

3. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Wow. I've shifter envy.

The more time I spend with this silly hobby, the more amazed I am at the stuff you can buy now.

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The sim racing community has grown fast and large. In the near future every kid will have a gaming console or PC attached to their sim rigs. A whole new culture