Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think GT3 class gets it first because of the new cars, just to have the hole class at one level of "quality". So why won't they improve the physics of the other classes on and on in the next updates?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    how will the 64bit and vr launching work?

so happy to hear about the animations, this is what was holding me back from buying the game

3. Gogui96

Gogui96 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see other classes updated on the future, like the GTR2. I love how they look and sound, but they behave a bit weird on my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Only thing I can say about this, would be to give it a chance before judging it and slagging it off.

While a cursory glance may sound like you are going to be nickel and dimed... with this being yet another thing that you need to pay for... I think the end result will be reasonable and interesting.

Take the Quick Reifendiscount competition that RR ran at the sim racing expo just a few weeks ago. There was $10,000 in prizes and that similarly charged an entry fee. That's fairly substantial, no?

There was also that competition RR ran at the Malaysian Grand Prix near the release of Sepang in RR. Winners got tickets to the Grand Prix, as well as other prizes. That too was a competition you needed to buy into.

I see the prospect of having competitions with real prizes rather intriguing and the allure of those prizes may draw in more players that are spread throughout other games.

All that said, I dont see the free competitions going anywhere either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree, but i realy hope that there will be more competitions for everyone in different divisions.
    Otherwise it will only for the real fast guys.
    I'm curious what comes and realy hope of a big suprise.
    @Sector3

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  6. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think everyone is aware that handing prizes only to comp winners (real fast guys) would not be good for business. Prizes for other achievements/criteria that give anyone a chance I'm sure will be part of S3S plans.

I think it's a great initiative. eSports is gonna go nuts and all avenues have to be exploited :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I hope a well thought revamp on the leader board tier system will make it more interesting for the average player on prized hotlap challenges.

Still, I hope you guys have a winner plan to make the best of it, so it really pays in the end. What matters in the end are the numbers you'll pull.

Edit: shortened post

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    I do not understand how you can criticize something we still do not know how it works.

wait and see.o_O

• Like Like x 2
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Will VR performance improve with the move to 64-bit or should we expect similar performance?

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont know the devs complete intentions, how the finalized structure will be, or how they will run the competitions, but I do think it is far too early to lay criticism on the idea without letting it release to see how it will all work.

Im sure RR and the devs know that this system wont be a success if they only ever give all the prizes to the top 3 people, who will be the same top 3 people that already win the DTM events for instance... So, Im sure they are figuring out what to do about this.

As a general point, I think paid competitions where you can win prizes are a neat thing in theory... and RR is 1 of only 2 sim racing games that have competition prizes along with iRacing. RR is putting themselves out there so to speak, to see if this will garner any more interest and see if the community likes the idea. This new competition format seems to squarely be placed in the, 'wait and see' category for me :p

I think the 64-bit build of the game mainly just allows for higher RAM usage, since it doesnt have the 4GB limitation that is inherit with 32-bit software.

Will the performance be better in VR or otherwise? Well, I suppose this would depend if you were being limited by RAM or not. Big grids should see better performance or at least better stability since that is the most likely scenario where you will get near or above 4GB of RAM usage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    fantastic guys! wow! hats off to your hard work and thanks for providing such a great platform for us! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You type -vr in launch properties. And you get to choose if you want to start the game in 32 or 64bit before you launch the game in steam.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    All I need is the 2017 Porsche GT3 Cup car. Can't wait for it and other Porsches!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    1. Porsche 911 GT3
    2. Porsche 911 RSR
    3. Porsche Cayman GT4
    4. ??? Any ideas?
    5. ??? Any ideas?
    6. ??? Any ideas?
    7. ??? Any ideas?
    8. ??? Any ideas?
    9. ??? Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    multiclass ? MULTICLASS ? Surely a UI implementation delay would be m guess.
    Also, STILL NO CHAT OPTIONS ?!?!?
    I also think s3 should consider making the FRJ free. Its an awesome car that no one races / buys. Also would be a great car to start a ladder system.
    Also what about tire pressures?
    Also if the porsche gt4 comes out ... KTM gt4 mabie =D

Excited for the update!

16. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    What i hope for the close future is a little Feature List:

- Own Liveries Support (Repaints) for Cars
    - Driver Change System (24H / VLN like)
    - Pit Animations (Fuel Recharge/Tire Change)
    - Weather System
    - Night/Day (Real-time) but Adjustable on Server
    - More Options in Amateur (Damage, Fuel/Tire Usage etc.)

but back to the Update, i´m appreciated about the sneak peak to the Update Log i am sure that isn´t all.

Most Exiting is the 64bit Runtime but is that the same Engine/UE4 or a different one?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As great as it would be I don't think that the new Porsche 911 RSR will arrive this year.

My guess for this year:
    1. Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    2. Porsche 911 GT3-R
    3. Porsche Cayman GT4

• Like Like x 2
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    How long will giving out 10k last when only a handful enter?
    I enter the free comps, not to win :D but to test myself and have a minute chance of being the random prize recipient, if I have to pay for the remote chance of getting picked out of the hat at best (if they keep the random prize that is) then I fancy I'll pass. Feels a bit Trumpesq, looking after the top 1% at the cost of the remaining 99%, then I'm only an old anarchist, may well be that 2% up their game and only 97% will be propping it up.
    I know it's a sport and you have to put in the effort, blah, blah, blah, back to the top 1%, in pro teams, with sponsorship and all the time in the world to train.
    Makes me smile when in the existing comps, there's me with my meagre 165+ days in the Sim and 4 out of the top ten have less than 5 hours spent. Don't get me wrong, tiz a young mans sport and I have no problems with our beloved Aliens (bit pushy on track maybe), I'm in awe of their brilliance, one may well become a World champion tax dodger of the future, my point is, what makes it worth an entrance fee for 97% us?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I pretty much addressed the entirety of your post here ^

So, until more info is shared, the wild thoughts may be better off left in your mind ;)

And the example of the Quick Reifendiscount comp with 10k in prizes likely isnt going to be the norm here. Just to quell any future disappointment if one of these comps doesnt offer up 10k in prizes right away :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    looking through that list for Brands Hatch GP circuit........ :(:(:(

• Agree Agree x 5