Problem novice time in group 5 @ salzburgring competition

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by schumi170388, Apr 30, 2015.

1. schumi170388

schumi170388 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi. i just startet the grouß 5 @ salzburring competition. after i got a really nice lap (which is not very difficult in novice mode) i realized i am 10 sec. (!!!) slower than the first in novice. whats going on there???

2. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    There are some VERY fast people on R3E. What you think is a 'ok' lap might actually be a fair bit off the pace. Maybe try using a faster guys ghost, to see where you are lacking?

3. schumi170388

schumi170388 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, but this is Not the Point here! Im usually under One sec. Of the fastest. I am Not the Slowest Guy ;)
    And, as i Said, it is novice!!! So the ai Brakes for you. In novice there is usually a very, very small Time differenze between all competitors. And Not 10 seconds!!!

4. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh that makes more sense! Yeah, I think with the assists in novice you can take big chunks of time if you drive differently. I havent had a look at that yet so all I can suggest is having a look at ghost vids.

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I tried using novice once lol, it seems to me that you have to be on the absolute perfect racing line, hit the perfect braking points and be on the throttle at the absolute perfect time to be quick, I'm around 10 - 15 seconds (track dependent) faster on get real mode and actually find novice a harder difficulty to be quick in lol :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. schumi170388

schumi170388 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, thank you for your reply.
    i know how to drive in novice...i just got first in dtm event @ norisring @ novice ;)
    so, there is no reason to be 10 sec. off the pace.
    i think, there is something wrong with the leaderboard. maybe those times shown as novice times are in real "advanced", or "get real" times. because you are just much faster when you brake by yourself in those two modes ;)

so. i'm 15 sec off the fastest, which is ok, because he uses advanced mode and i used novice. totally fine. nothing to worry about. but if you go to the group 5 @ salzburgring leaderbaord and choose novice only, you see me @ 14th place with a time difference of almost 10 seconds and this is totally impossable!!!

7. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Try using the same car and setting on a track you know back to front and see if you have the same 10 sec gap.;)

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You are all missing the point, it's simply impossible to go faster than 1:26 in this competition in Novice mode. Those guys with faster times are definitely cutting somewhere.

9. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    You're wrong majuh. For some reason the Nissan Silvia (and the 935) don't behave like the others, their braking/acceleration points seem odd.

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's true, I didn't notice they are all using the Nissan Silvia Turbo. Anyway, it's not reproducible with the Zakspeed Capri.

11. schumi170388

schumi170388 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok. so there seems to be a bug with those two cars. but i figured out that there is also a cut in the first chicane. you can go straight over it, when you are passing the first red tyre barrel really close to the right and the second red tyre barrel very close to the left. you are jumping over the small black tyres on the ground and sometimes you are lucky and can gain up to 3 sec. there. this is why amateur times are faster than get real times. the faster times in novice are because of the silvia bug...cant reproduce it, because i dont have that car.

so please have a look at this @ mods !!!

car bug @ novice
    cutting @ amateur

edit: first correct time in novice is #9 ch phil with 1:27.805

• Informative Informative x 1