NSU TTS gravel trap bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3LT, May 15, 2020.

1. C3LT

C3LT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've noticed that if you get the NSU TTS stuck in the gravel, there's virtually no way to get it out.

This is fine when you're in single player and you can just reset the car, but if you're in multiplayer it's race over.

Is this a bug?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it's a "bug", but i have seen way more powerful cars get stuck in gravel (Jerez 1997 Schumacher is a very prominent example), so it's not unrealistic. It's pretty frustrating, if you get rearended in multiplayer and are doomed to the gravel, though, yes.

Just my opinion: I would prefer to not exchange simulation value for the sake of multiplayer, though, this happened too often the last 2 years...
    But yes, it gets stuck pretty hardly in the gravel.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I wish gravel would affect the AI the same as the player.

The cheating swine think nothing of overtaking you on the outside with two wheels deep in the traps. Might as well not be there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Even with a clutch you'll be lucky if you can get out. I lost almost a whole minutes in a online race just trying to get out. It's a little over the top

5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    In terms of realism it's absolutely spot on...

In terms of fun...yeah...maybe.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    As the NSU is one of my favorite car in R3E and I am racing this in a NSU cup this subject is close to my heart.
    It has been said that the gravel-pits may be quite realistic, it really kills the fun (and your race) if you are stuck in a gravel pit with your NSU. You can get away with it in nearly every other car in R3E with just a small time penalty, but not in the NSU.
    If you are in the gravel with the BMW M1 for instance, you might lose 20-30 seconds, which is a fair penalty. Even in the Tatuus F4, which sits very low to the ground, you have a chance to get out.
    If you are stuck in the same gravel in the NSU you lose 2 minutes, if you're lucky. Sometimes you have to quit your race altogether.

So I really wish the developers would look into that and correct is just a little bit...pleeeeeease would you? ;)

7. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Reverse is not an option? Theoretically it should be easier to pull yourself out than push yourself out?!

8. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes you can escape quicker in reverse...so you only lose 1:45 min. and not 2 min. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    This changes everything, are you some kind of an exploit hunter or hacker or something?? :eek: :D :D
    Just one question remains: What is the hack for not having dirty slippery tires?:D

10. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Stay on track!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    This is a tricky subject because for some people they like having gravel traps that trap you, but for others they would rather not.

What causing the NSU to get stuck is the way that the game makes gravel traps work as traps and not just an ice rink. The issue for the poor little NSU is that it lacks the power to just power itself out, unlike pretty much every other car in the game.

The real issue stems from the fact that I would imagine that these values are global across all cars, meaning that if we reduce the effects it might make it so faster cars just skate across again and don't actually get stopped.

It’s a balancing act really, and it’s a know issue with the NSU.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Gravel traps are perfectly fine for me. But out of all the cars in R3E it's only the NSU having a big problem with it.
    So it seems allright to me to question this.

13. C3LT

C3LT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently running a championship with my workmates (using JustRace.net which is excellent!) and initially I wanted to use the NSU as it's a perfect beginners car - many of my workmates are inexperienced. However as soon as I realised that you get stuck if you hit gravel I had to change car. It's no good as a beginner car if you're dead when you hit the gravel.

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Choose tracks with no gravel e.g. Raceroom Raceway or Paul Ricard.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Choose tracks with no gravel e.g. Raceroom Raceway or Paul Ricard.

16. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I also wonder why the cars choke in the gravel traps. They should rather spin and dig in. The result is the same - you get stuck - but I would think that wheel spin is more correct behaviour than engine choking.

17. C3LT

C3LT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is going to complain about realism then you need to start with yellow flags not being mandatory - and where are the crews that come out to pull vehicles out of the gravel, sweep the track, load the damaged vehicle onto trucks and drive it back to the pits?

My point is that this is a game and concessions are made to make it fun/simplify it. There's no other game where vehicles get 100% stuck in gravel to my knowledge. Why? Because it's not fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    C'mon, you need too much skill for this hack! >:-> :D
    I'm quite a fan of it. It's called a simulation, it gives you severe consequences, if you are not respecting track limits. But yes. It's not fun for newcomers, that's true. I'm also fine with the gamey approach, btw. don't get me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    aaaahhh...come on....any why is this not properly "simulated" in all the other classes?

20. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Huh? Of course it is. The NSU just has not enough power to get out ouf the graveltraps. It's also costy af to free a GT3-R out of the gravel. Not even mentioning the aftermath with soap on your tyres after being free.
    IRL it would be even harder for the NSU...

• Agree Agree x 1