Question Oculus Mirror to Monitor?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RandMRacer, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've been doing Google searches and still can't see any tips anywhere on showing how to mirror your Oculus to the monitor in R3E. Most VR titles do this automatically. And I know like in European and American Truck Simulator you had to enable it in a .cfg file. So I was hoping it was possible to do that in R3E, or maybe that's not even an option yet. Does anybody know? Did I miss it somewhere?
    Thanks for the help and cheers!

2. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey man,

you can do it through the Steam VR little app that pops up when you turn on the game. on the little App top left it says Steam VR click and there is a option to Mirro once you click it you'll see it pop up

3. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, but I tried that already. The window does pop up showing the left and right eye view after I enable it in the Steam VR settings, but it disappears when I start playing in the HMD. I've tried alt-tabbing but it changes back to black screen on the HMD or the monitor. It's like it can't run both the view on the monitor and HMD at the same time. I have no issue with AC, Pcars or any other VR game.
    Anyway I'll keep researching. Cheers

I just thought of something...maybe if I put R3E in windowed mode, if possible?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. Richard Bakker

Richard Bakker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the steam vr settings you have to set" steam vr " always on foreground. Start the game and start a race, now you can go to your taskbar on your desktop and enlarge display mirror.

5. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Richard do you actually have it working this way? Because I tried that and as soon as I get in the HMD, the mouse doesn't work to make selections. So I have to alt-tab to get back in and race, then the monitor goes black. It doesn't seem like there is an option to make this work. I think that the devs will have to add an option in the .cfg file or something. I read where OBS can get this working, but it will probably eat up some resources. I've used OBS before so I guess I'll give that a shot.
    Anyway thanks for the replies.

6. Richard Bakker

Richard Bakker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i have it working. You have to start a race first , pause it with a button on your steering wheel. Put of your hmd and on your desktop, you can use your mouse to set display mirror in steam vr.
    now you can resume your race, you have to use the buttons on your wheel because the mouse pointer doesnt work,

good luck

7. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm ok interesting. I'll give it a shot. I was hoping with the update today it would fix this, or make it show up by default, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe next update. :confused:

Thanks for the info.

8. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys this is kind of a repost, but I can't figure out what happened. A few patches ago this was fixed. I had the mirror display of my CV1 on my monitor by default without changing anything. Now it's not there again, just a black square on my monitor. I don't know if it was disabled with the latest patch and it has to be manually activated or what?

If anyone knows I'd appreciate the help. It's kind of boring when I have friends over and they can't see what's going on....thanks.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  10. RandMRacer

RandMRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks majuh....So I started looking around and I don't know how I missed this, but under Controller Settings> Secondary Functions there's a "VR Toggle Monitor View". Kind of like the link you posted, but he called it something a little different. Anyway that's it, and it works. You can't go full screen, but for now that's good enough.
    Not sure why it's off, and I thought it was on before by default, but I could be wrong. I have a lot of racing sims and sometimes I get them confused with settings and stuff. Thanks again for the reply....cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017