App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure like many of us, my name has been butchered every which way - especially here in the states. Your pronunciation sounds spot on.

I like the fact this app is making me pay more attention to lap and sector times during actual races - so for instance if i'm in a race with 3 people split far apart, i can work on what is essentially hot lapping, having my lap time called out every lap. Of course you can do this without the app, it's just made me aware of these things....good stuff.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Theres a min_time_between_personalised_messages setting in the properties screen. This is a number of seconds, and defaults to 30

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  3. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update. And as promised, since you added Pete I'll use the personalization from now. Don't have time to test until later tonight tho. Thanks again.

4. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man, additional beer tokens deposited. Well deserved!

5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    thanks dude, additional beer tokens received and scheduled to be converted into the good-stuff for this evening's enjoyment :D

Guys, don't forget that if you find the personalisations are too frequent, you can increase the min_time_between_personalised_messages property - it's currently set to 30 seconds

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Nico *chi chi.

Thanks for this App.

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    not sure what UI stuff you'd need to do - just add an extra option to the game menu at the top?

Once again, I apologise for the dreadful state of some of the code...

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The items in the properties form should all be taken care of when you add another user-editable element to the 'settings' page in vs2013. Iirc the form code iterates over the settings and adds the appropriate form elements without you having to arse about. Then you can get the value using UserSettings.getString("wot evver") in your code

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Oops... should have looked harder... thanks :oops:

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The mappers are where much of the app's grotty code lives. The r3e mapper is slightly less nasty than the pcars mapper so use this one as the example if you need one.

I've just reinstated the Raceroom names Google docs spreadsheet with the new format and guidelines, for those wanting names adding :)

11. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    90 sec gap between Pete seems to be perfect to me. Doesn't bother me at all from the pov I explained earlier. It's actually very neat feature, makes me think that it really is my personal chief talking to me.

Stellar job. Thanks!

12. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

i just wanna say that tool is very nice and you did an awesome job on it. One of the best 3rd party tools ever for PCars and R3E :)

13. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski - have just gifted you a beer through Paypal for developing and continuing to improve this wonderful app! :)

14. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW how do I make Crewchief know my name? Does it use my real name (which is listed in my Raceroom profile) or my username/forum name (i.e. Metalogic), or can it use either?

15. michael hartmann

michael hartmann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hallo an alle,
    leider kann ich kein englisch und habe auch von computern so absolut gar keine ahnung. aber wollte mir auch die crew chief runterladen... habe mir auch ein video angesehn wo dies auf deutschn erklärt wird und scheinbar einfach ist. aber eben nicht für mich.... der sagte dann auch was von entpacken und so...??? da braucht man doch auch ein programm für, oder? wie gesagt, ich habe keine ahnung von dem ganzen zeugs und wenn ich mal was runterlade dann dauert es ne weile bis ich das überhaupt wieder finde.
    kann mir bitte jemand in einfachen schritten erklären wie ich den crew chief bekomme und welche programme ich sonst noch brauche? danke sehr

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Das Video ist veraltet, inzwischen gibt's nen Installer, entpacken musst Du nichts mehr. Hier runterladen: http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.msi und installieren.
    Nach der Installation das Programm starten, vermutlich wird eine Meldung erscheinen und ein Update empfehlen, dieses durchführen.
    Unbeannt.PNG
    Danach die Sounddateien runterladen bzw. updaten, indem Du auf die grünen Felder klickst (wenn ein Update verfügbar ist, sind die Felder grün hinterlegt, so wie im Bild das rechte).
    Dann einfach im Fenster oben rechts Raceroom auswählen und oben links auf Start application klicken. Ein kurzer Soundcheck ertönt um zu signalisieren, dass alles funktioniert.
    Das war's, jetzt einfach das Spiel starten und sobald Du auf der Strecke unterwegs bist, wird Dich Dein Crew Chief mit Infos versorgen.

Viel Erfolg.

PS: Falls Du noch Fragen zu weiteren Einstellungen hast, kannst Du mich per pm anschreiben.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  17. michael hartmann

michael hartmann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  18. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim,

I was asking myself if you already had looked to port crewchief for Automobilista ? And if not, it is something you may do ?

I miss your voice when I play AMS :(
    (There's a spotter plugin for AMS but it's not good as yours in my mind)

19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @gongo

I'm mostly interest by the spotter, so I can't wait to test it :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The hard-coded stuff for tracks is only to allow project cars pit in / out detection for opponent cars, the spotter doesn't use it. The gap reporting ("the gap ahead is now...") uses the track length if it's available to split the track up in to lots of 'gap points', but if the track length isn't available it should fall back to using the sector lines for these gap points.

So missing track data shouldn't prevent anything working.

Regarding car data, the hard-coded crap is to allow the app to make sensible decisions about what constitutes hot brakes / tyres / engine.

I'm happy to help with some of the more obscure bits of the code - cornerData and stuff, which is a bit of a spaghetti monster :)