App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just pushed an update to Crew Chief - should be compatible with the shared memory changes in today's patch. It also includes a 'first cut' implementation of the new yellow flag rules.

The game sends a piece of data indicating whether you're allowed to overtake the car in front under yellow flags (perhaps he's stopped or whatever). The app can use this data to announce "no overtaking" or "you're clear to overtake" *but* the data changes quite quickly and can make the app a bit indecisive or distracting.

I've not been able to solve this problem so the "no overtaking" / "clear to overtake" messages are disabled by default. If you want to switch them back on (I quite like them but remember they may be a bit misleading sometimes), there's a new option in the Properties screen - "report_allowed_overtakes_under_yellow".

As usual, all bug reports welcome. This version has quite a lot of changes so there might be some fckups :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Note : After Flag Rule Implementation the Chief definitively talks too much -
    together with my m8s on TS I couldn't barely hear my own engine....( :D just kidding :D )....

4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    I would also suggest to introduce a cooldown time for flag warnings.
    (i.e. 10/20/30/... sec before another flag warning is communicated).

But i do appreciate your continued effort to support our changes @mr_belowski
    Another donation is definitely on its way!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah, he's gone a bit mental with this update. I've fixed a couple of bugs that should quieten him down a bit - especially at the Macau hairpin. Still some work to do though

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The new flag warning improves your app massively! Nice job!
    But they are right, cc warns too much. Even if you are driving on Nordschleife and e.g. you are in sector 2, cc reports you over yellow flag in sector 1 and 3. I think that's not really important on such a long track.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Dear mr_belowski,

Is it an idea to make the installer/updater to auto-recognize where the previous install is installed? So you only have to click, click, install, done.

Would love that. Yes. I am a lazy Ivysaur.

:rolleyes::oops::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to choose if you want flag reports from other sectors than the one your currently in if I'm not mistaken.
    Check in the properties for that option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    There's a setting in Preferences: report_yellows_in_all_sectors. By default, I believe CC should report only in current and next, but not sure how R3E local yellows work.

I do agree CC can be too vocal sometimes, especially with non default settings and at certain spots like new lap etc. There was a lot of functionality added recently, and messages will need some spacing/taming down. But we'll make it better :) Thanks for inputs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan & @The Iron Wolf
    I saw the option but I misunderstood it. Better I always read the description :)
    Thanks for clarification!

• Like Like x 1
  11. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mr B... do you have a certain thread where you take requests for personalization names? I'd like to have the name Richard and Higsy (like pigsy with an h).. if you could add them it would be great. no rush..
    great app !!!

12. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    that would be cool, I am in the process of editing the audio files. But the intonation of my first name "Dale" from the audio clip for "Dale Smith" (which a friend Al Adams got for me) doesn't really fit.

13. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Where can i turn off "Stay left" "clear on the left" message ? can find this option :confused:

14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Disable spotter in properties.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Thx mate

16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    In spite of all the other useful updates, including day 1 flag support, i still must say "Kudos" for finally removing the .net window icon...just that much more shiny!

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not changed it at all, it's just the shitty random behaviour of install shield. The icon's been part of the app installation since the beginning but it just doesn't install it properly sometimes. Expect it to magically vanish with a future update

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    No magic this time, someone else changed it :) And there's pull request to change it in other windows as well.

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Doh :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me if this is listed somewhere here but could only find the RACE_ROOM startup parameter. I'm looking for a full list of supported games - mainly Assetta Corsa and RF2 - tried using ASSETTO_CORSA_(64_BIT) and RFACTOR_2_(64_BIT) from the in-app dropdown but not working, tried with and without parentheses, cant recall if they are reserved.

RACE_ROOM is working though.