App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Johnny say thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. stobbs

stobbs Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic app keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Makan

Makan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @mr_belowski for adding me and my friend's name.
    That's Awesome.
    By the way my name is MAKAN as "m [​IMG] k [​IMG]n" , but you added Maken.
    I know you dont have free much time ,and you are busy, You did perfect job.
    But if you consider another names update for future , can i ask you to correct my name please?

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @The Iron Wolf those launch parameters worked perfectly, thank you. Im back to one click launching for all my commonly used sims and associated apps for each.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Makreth

Makreth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is it possible adjust the volume while playing?it wold be great a kind of shortcut so i can use irt in my button box for adjust volume or mute..very good app.. thank you

6. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You can assign Buttons for this:
    [​IMG]

7. Makreth

Makreth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ohh.. i am an idiot...thank you..

8. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    GREATEST app EVER! I just tried it with RF2 and my CC said ' It's a fu*****g monsoon out there'. I was completely blown away because I just said to myself wtf I can't make 1 single corner in the wet without spinning.

We need some more of this attitude in R3E. Love it

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Done a format of the PC, so having to do a clean install of CChief, got the latest version from here, in stalls fine, think it's ver 4649, but updating the sounds and names and so on doesn't happen, it starts to download them but then after awhile quits saying no particular error, so I tried a older version which I think was ver 4632, again installs fine and updating the names and sounds all goes well, then it's ask to update to ver 4649, seems ok, then it restarts and asks to update again to the same version, in CChief itself it says I still have ver 4632, but in windows installed programs it says I have 4649, any clues whats wrong?

10. dante79

dante79 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    +1.

11. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I finally decided to get this and it is amazing :)

I do wonder though. Would it be possible to port over to F1c? I'd like to try it myself, but I probably need a bit better understanding of the code first.

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    The more games have this the merrier :) Whether it is possible, that depends on how rich F1C exposed model is. Feel free to PM me I could point you to files that'll give you an idea of what is needed. GTR2 is not rich enough, for example (no opponent data, although some people who are smarter than me could hack it out of the game, especially since it is no longer updated :)) And of course, you'll need to file a pile of bureaucracy with our CEO as well.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO is a complete bellend, which makes working on the app challenging :)

When you say "F1C" do you mean the 15+ year old ISI game?

The code is a bit grotty in places but fundamentally it has a set of 'mapper' classes which convert the data sent by the game (be it memory mapped files, network data streams or whatever) to a neutral internal Crew Chief format. The idea is that once the mapper is created the rest of the app will 'just work' with the new game. Of course, this isn't *quite* true and there are a fair few game specific hacks and checks dotted through the code, but virtually all of the game-specific hacking goes in one place.

The main issue with adding other games is the quality and completeness of the data they send - as my esteemed colleague has eloquently pointed out, some games are missing very important data which would make any Crew Chief support rather limited.

But you're most welcome to join us and give it a go - we'll do what we can to help

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this great app! I use it all the time. Can I put a name request in for Connor?

15. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Is het possible to disable messages about opponents going off track during yellow flag periods in R3E?
    I really love CrewChief, but we have to be carefull that adding too much talking from the crewchief makes it becomes anoying.

Also perhaps it's a possibility to add the posibility to give the corners a number (like in real life racing) instead of their real name?
    I don't know all the names of the corners of all tracks, so i would prefer to have the ablity to give the corner a number instead

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I have an update in the pipeline that adds a few options for yellow flags, and I'll add the option to disable opponent incident messages.

I'd prefer to leave corner names as they are - it's a big faff to change it. You'll just have to learn them :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Grimbold

Grimbold New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I would also like this promising app, but sadly I wasn't able to install it, after numerous tries. I searched quite a bit in this thread to find anybody reporting a similar problem, but couldn't find someone. Still I m sorry if the problem was reported before!

When I install the app (the installer runs normally and I don`t change the installation path) there is no trace to find of the app. Neither a shortcut on the desktop, nor files along the installation path or even in AppData\Local ... It is as if I never ran the installer. After the installation was "successfull" I m able to launch the app via the installer for one time, because thats an option after the installation. When I run the installer again I get the options to modifiy, repair or delete the app, like the original installation was succesfull.

So it is like I installed the app, but it leaves no traces. Of course I tried it multiple times. I also deinstalled and reinstalled Net Framework 4.5 and tried another installation path.

Any suggestions?
    Regards!

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    that's really very odd. A couple of users have reported that their AV program decided the app was malicious and quarantined it - perhaps the same has happened?

The app should be installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    This is in the current (today's) release - there's a property called enable_opponent_crash_messages that you can switch off.

I've also added another voice command and button binding to suspend (and un-suspend) yellow flag messages. So you can tell the Chief "no more yellows" or "don't give me yellows" and re-enable with "give me yellows" or "tell me yellows".

You can also set the initial state of this with the enable_yellow_flag_messages option. So you might like to untick this option, then enable yellow reports after the first lap or two with a voice command.

I've also reinstated the improvised incident calling and blue flag calling. The app will use the old implementations for these (where it tracks opponent positions and speeds and guesses at yellow and blue flag states) unless it gets a bit of new flag information (which indicates that the full flag rules are enabled in-game). Then it'll switch over to only use the flag data the game sends.

I also fixed some shizzle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Grimbold

Grimbold New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, I once deactivated my AV for the installation, which changed nothing, so I don`t think thats the problem, although will try the same when downloading the app also in a second.

The installation path should not be the problem, as I tried the one you mentioned, aswell as others.

Edit: Tried deactivating the AV before the download didn`t helpt either, sadly.