App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    ???
    Did you watch another video? As soon as the green appears it states "Rennen" (Race) at the upper right corner. And there is no server option for a manual formation lap, so you've lost me.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's a crew chief mode to allow league races to do their own manual formation lap. The game thinks the race has started but actually the drivers are all driving around slowly holding position until the leader crosses the line at the end of lap 1. In your video the app is saying stuff like "hold position behind.." and "we need to give that place back". These messages only play in manual formation lap mode

3. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    OK, now I get you. But do we really look like we are doing a manual formation lap? Does it really look like we are slow after the start? ;)
    I'd say no. :rolleyes:
    So I've absolutely no clue why your incredible piece of software thinks we're on a manual formation lap. :eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    <sigh>

Obviously the app can't *guess* that you're on a manual formation lap. You have to tell it. With a button press (assigned to 'toggle manual formation lap mode') or a voice command (enable with "this is the formation lap" / "formation lap" / "rolling start" and disable with "standing start" / "no formation lap"). And as the app thinks you're on a rolling start, you must have told it you're on a rolling start.

When you first load the app up, manual rolling start mode is switched off. If you switch it on during practice or qually (or any other session) it will remain switched on until you exit the app or switch it off.

Your snide comments about this free application and the help I'm trying to give you are out of order.

• Like Like x 5
  5. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Reset CC properties to default and see if the problem is still there

6. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Thanks schielchen, that's a working answer, will give that one a try.

@mr_belowski : There was no intentation of mine 2 offend you. As I stated with my first question, I havent change any settings since ... well, ages, only updated it on a regulary basis. So I was completely surprised by this behavior.

7. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can't assing control for voice recognition mode.
    any one else?

8. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I reinstall SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and now all works well

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Load the app but don't click 'start'. Click 'scan for controllers' and your wheel (and keyboard) should be shown in the controllers list. Click the controller you want to use, then click the button action you want to assign ('talk to chief'). Then click the Assign button. This starts the app 'listening' for button clicks. Click the wheel button you want to use, and the 'Talk to chief' action in the actions list should change to show 'assigned to controller button ...'

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Doh, ninja'ed :)

11. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thx mr_belowski

12. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    First of all, mr_belowski, thank you for such an outstanding app and the work that you continue to pump into it. It is truly first rate.
    I'm very excited to use the new command macro feature for pit stops but I'm having trouble with the custom keybindings. Would anyone who uses either a button box or wheel buttons mind sharing how they are labeled in your custom "saved_command_macros.json" file.

For example in Race Room, I have "Pit Menu Select" mapped to my button box, "2 B8".
    In the Crew Chief json file I updated it to:
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Select",
    "key": "2_B8"
    },
    but that didn't seem to work.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it's only wired up for keyboard presses - to use the macros you need to set the in-game key bindings to whatever key bindings you have in the macros json file (the defaults work well). Then the macros are used to trigger sequences of key presses from voice commands. I will (eventually...) connect up button presses to trigger macros, but this isn't done yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    got it! thanks again for your efforts

15. badhairday

badhairday Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Mr B any chance of getting my name added to the software 'Sean'
    thanks
    Sean

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I thought I'd added Sean - I guess I must have screwed up somewhere. Will add it in the next batch

17. badhairday

badhairday Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Much appreciated
    Sean

18. Nuno Relvas

Nuno Relvas Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    mr_belowski, is possible to add the name "Nuno" into the names list? I know there are other Nuno´s in simracing community and we would be very grateful. :)

Thanks in advance! ;)

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Sean, you're name's already in the app - have a rummage through the list :)

20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi... I've recently updated cc and changed the setting for the output device and now can't get the app to open. It gets to the point of radio check and then closes. Any suggestions? I've uninsalled and reinstalled and get the same thing.