App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    that's odd. If you get to the point of "radio check", can't you press Properties instead of "Start app" and disable nAudio?

I've no idea why it would behave like this

2. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I will try it shortly... unfortunately I have the app automatically minimize and it won't allow me to maximize... sometimes I only hear half of radio check and it immediatey closes...
    I have one thing i do have to check.. my ssd is quite full and raceroom is very slow to load.. I know ssds slow down at full capacity... I'm picking up a second one to alleviate.

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks.:D

6. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ok..so first thing I tried was starting pc up tonight and cc started normally. As soon as I enabled naudio it exhibited the same behavior, it closed at the beginning. I'll try the beta next...

Then I changed a couple of defaults and the save/restart .. it opens but the messages indicate failed to initialize naudio

Hmmmm.. beta opens fine...the first time I started the application it closed..second time I tried it seemed to work normally.

I will do a bit more experimenting and report back.

Not sure how to capture ouput. Lol

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    CC window contains an area with text messages about what Chief is doing, like "loading sounds" etc. In that window, press Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C and paste that and send to us. This will help us to diagnose not in-game issues.

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting a lot of "Index was outside the bounds of the array" type log messages while playing AC like the following with the latest version:

19:00:45.770 : Error mapping game data: Index was outside the bounds of the array., at CrewChiefV4.GameState.OpponentData.AddCumulativeSectorData(Int32 sectorNumberJustCompleted, Int32 position, Single cumulativeSectorTime, Single gameTimeAtSectorEnd, Boolean lapIsValid, Boolean isRaining, Single trackTemp, Single airTemp)
    at CrewChiefV4.GameState.OpponentData.CompleteLapWithProvidedLapTime(Int32 position, Single gameTimeAtLapEnd, Single providedLapTime, Boolean isRaining, Single trackTemp, Single airTemp, Boolean sessionLengthIsTime, Single sessionTimeRemaining, Int32 numberOfSectors)
    at CrewChiefV4.assetto.ACSGameStateMapper.upateOpponentData(OpponentData opponentData, OpponentData previousOpponentData, Int32 racePosition, Int32 leaderBoardPosition, Int32 completedLaps, Int32 sector, Single completedLapTime, Single lastLapTime, Boolean isInPits, Boolean lapIsValid, Single sessionRunningTime, Single secondsSinceLastUpdate, Single[] currentWorldPosition, Single speed, Single distanceRoundTrack, Boolean sessionLengthIsTime, Single sessionTimeRemaining, Int32 trackNumberOfSectors, Single airTemperature, Single trackTempreture, Boolean isRace, Single nearPitEntryPointDistance, Int32 previousOpponentDataLapsCompleted, Boolean previousOpponentDataWaitingForNewLapData, DateTime previousOpponentNewLapDataTimerExpiry, Single previousOpponentLastLapTime, Boolean previousOpponentLastLapValid, Int32 previousCompleatedLapsWhenHasNewLapDataWasLastTrue, Single previousOpponentGameTimeWhenLastCrossedStartFinishLine)
    at CrewChiefV4.assetto.ACSGameStateMapper.mapToGameStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState)
    at CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(String filenameToRun, Int32 interval, Boolean dumpToFile)

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks balrog, that'll be fixed in the next release (tomorrow)

10. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to add "Piątkowski" to list of names? Quite hardcore one :p google translator do pretty good job at its pronunciation.
    Thanks for an amazing app, using it a lot, helpful especially in vr, where i dont use any ui

11. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    The macro function is awesome Jim, i just ran into some trouble with re-assigning the keys in the
    saved_command_macros.json

"KEY_ENTER", "KEY_RIGHT" , "KEY_UP", "KEY_LEFT" and "KEY_DOWN" are not recognised, i managed to use other keys for now. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Could you please add a " Center Seat postion" voice command that will press space or any other key that can be defined in saved_command_macros.json. The would be really great in VR.

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The arrow keys were a bit of a pain to get working - I thought they were ok but I'll re-test them today. I know they have work in notepad but then, we're not playing notepad :)

Have you tried adding a new command to saved_command_macros.json? It should be pretty obvious how to do it. If you want to keep your changes (they'll get overridden when the app updates) put your version of this file in Documents/CrewChiefV4/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The arrow keys are working but hes using the wrong names for em, that might be why its not working, anyways maby we should include a full list of the key names.

Its "UP", "DOWN", "LEFT", "RIGHT" for arrow keys

• Like Like x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Morten :)

And the enter key is ENTER

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  15. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'll hope you can help me with my problem!

I'll use a XboxOne Pad on raceroom, so I set the talk to CrewChief to the Back button (Controller Button 6) "Hold to Speech"!

When I in CrewChief itself the app react and I can uses commands and it react.

But when I am ingame and the CrewChief window isn't on main activity he ignore the button pressing!

How can I fix that, or is this still a "Bug" who needs to be fixed from the coding of CrewChief itself?

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    When I'm debugging I use an XBox 360 pad and the button binding stuff works fine. No idea why the XBox One bad would be different :(

17. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    May time to use also a one pad xD

It's really a upgrade

18. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jim,
    how can I use my Fanatec BMW GT2 steering wheel to switch the pit stop switches?
    so that they are recognized. Attached a co "description": "Race Room command mappings - these are the button assignments in the Controller menu -> Primary. The button is what button to press, the action maps a elements in the actionSequence list in the commandSets below. WAIT_1000 as an action makes the macro pause for (in this example) 1000 milliseconds (1 second). Use this to allow the player to see what item is about to be selected",
    "gameDefinition": "RACE_ROOM",
    "buttonBindings" : [
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Toggle",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_B12"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Select",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_B4"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Up",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_POD"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Down",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_POU"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Decrease",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_POL"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Menu Increase",
    "buttonID:02": "buttonID:2_POR"
    },
    {
    "action": "Pit Request Toggle",
    py of the file.
    Sorry for my bad Englich

19. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim,
    I attempted to use the voice recognition. I can get it to work when I ask "can you hear me" but when I go into the game and ask for a fuel calculation or pit stop request he say "can you repeat". Any ideas?

20. Colin Herkes

Colin Herkes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, really great app, any chance of adding my name "Colin" to the list please. Thanks in advance :)