App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I’ve been using crew chief for a bit and I love it but I saw billy strange do a video and there apparently is an adult language option.....or option for curse words. Does anyone know how to enable this? I’ve searched the settings and don’t see it.

2. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Keep looking, it's in there. Quite far down, on the left side I think.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Use the search box at the top right corner, start typing sweary and it'll magically appear

• Like Like x 1
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Ha! Thanks gents. I easily missed it three times. Got it now. Thanks.

5. Ur64n 50ulj4h

Ur64n 50ulj4h Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for a great application and all the time you put into to keep it updated, always appreciated.
    I'm looking into moving from Windows to Linux, does the app run on Linux?

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    no, it's a Windows .Net app

7. Ur64n 50ulj4h

Ur64n 50ulj4h Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks. Does that also mean no Linux compatibility in the future?

8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    On Linux there's a "Mono" framework that aims to replace the .Net on this platform. CC is open source so every one can try porting the code to Linux. ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    And then there is the new .NET Core platform which is open-source and multi-platform, but it's still a relatively new technology so I'm not sure how useful it is in practice.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The app uses lots of windows stuff like the speech recognition engine, so I doubt it would work with linux

11. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Best wishes to you Jim and i'm looking forward to the crewchief updates in 2018.

I'm having troubles with the "Box this lap" feature. It's not working anymore since the last couple of updates
    Crew chief responds to my voice and is sending the right commands only they are not being received by R3E.

[​IMG]

The controls in game are set correct, but nothing happens. R3E is the main active window and other apps like xpadder do work when i press the emulated P button on my steering wheel.

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    very odd. Nothing's changed in the pit macro stuff apart from some tweaks to the command sequence (adding a longer pause, some pcars changes). I also fixed a bug in the key presses the app sends when using arrow keys. But none of this is relevant here so I'm a bit puzzled.

Are you using triples? VR? 64bit R3E or 32bit?

Does it work using Notepad? - you can test this by starting the app without the game running and making the box-now request with Notepad as the window 'on top' - it should type some keys.

13. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I have narrowed it down Jim

It's related to the 64bit update of R3E. Crewchief is sending data to RRE.exe which should normally work fine, but since the update to 64bit my DIY windsim is not working anymore. To fix this i have a blanc RRE.exe running in the background which activates the profile of simtools eventhough i'm running the 64bit version of the game.

Crewchief is sending the key presses to the blanc RRE.exe instead of the RRE64.exe.

So 64bit crewchief version would fix this, but not sure if you want to release that for this one special case. But... if would that would AWESOME. :rolleyes:

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    interesting, that's good info, thanks. The way the app works is that it tries to bring the game window to the top (because this is where the keyboard scan codes get directed to), then it presses the keys, then it puts whatever window was on top, back on top.

The app has 2 R3E process names - RRRE and RRRE64. If it sees RRRE running, it brings this to the top and executes the commands. If RRRE isn't running it tries the second process name - it brings RRRE64 to the top and executes the commands (in both cases it puts whatever was on top, back on top after it's finished).

So what's happening here is that you have RRRE and RRRE64 running. The app puts RRRE on top, presses the keys, then puts RRRE64 back on top. Which is why it doesn't work.

There are 2 things we can do here - make RRRE64 the 'first' executable so the app will prefer to send its keys to RRRE64, and we can add an option to not change the on-top window. I think the 64bit exe should be the most commonly used exe so I'll make this the first one in the list, so the app will see that it's already on top and it won't attempt to change this. I'll add a 'Ensure game is on top for command macros' property (default value 'true') so people can disable this behaviour if they want.

Expect this to be released in the next couple of days

15. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    :) Thanks Jim, i had serious hard time to choose between crewchief and windsim.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    ok, that update is now 'live' so it would be very helpful if you could test it when you get the chance and give me a shout as to whether it works

17. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I installed the update and gave it try but somehow crewchief is not hearing when i say "box this lap, in this lap or pit request". I checked the live log, but nothing happens when i call the pit commands. Tried a reinstall and choose repair, but still no go.
    I tried at least 7 or 8 other voice commands and they all work fine, even the more diffcult ones like asking "where is..... (driver)" o_O

Unable to test any futher tonight, but i will give it another go tommorow.

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Can you post the console output please. Something's clearly not right

[edit]

are you sure you've selected RaceRoom from the game menu? If the app doesn't recognise any of the macro voice commands this is usually because it hasn't selected the right game, so hasn't loaded that game's macros.

The console output will help - from starting the app to attempting to make the voice command. Please ensure the game is selecting in app and is running when you test it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  19. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Yes, 100% sure raceroom is the selected game. For testing purpose i tried only with RRRE64.exe running. As you can see in the log crewchief understands every message. But, when i say "box this lap" he either doesn't understand me, or doesn't react at all. With "in this lap" and "pit request" i don't get any response at all. For testing i also diabled the windsim and the buttkickers to eliminate noise. The pitcommands were working before.

Edit also tested my voice recognition online and it works.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I need the log from where you first start the app

[edit]

specifically, I need to see this part of the log:

10:00:40.009 : Using game definition Race Room
    10:00:40.064 : Loading default command macros from installation folder
    10:00:40.265 : Macro "serve penalty" can be triggered automatically