App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jim,

That helped me narrowing it down. There was an invalid character in the json file, preventing the macro voice triggers to be activated

Crewchief now responds to the pit command. Unable to test if the commands are send to the right 64 bit ATM but i will get back you as soon as i have tested it.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool, that sounds like the cause of the problem - hopefully it'll all work nicely now

• Like Like x 1
  3. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Thanks a lot mate

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    First of all this App is golden!

Just a few minor things:
    When I am doing a new absolute best sector time (purple) the chief tells me that the time is "OK" and on green times he says "your times are fast" or something like this. Even with non best times he keeps telling me I am doing great and I am being fast, but on best times he always goes "OK". I think it would make sense to change those maybe...

And another short thing is at the end of a session (qualifying or training) he always ignores times set after the timer went to 0. So if I am 6th at 0:00 and put a better time on the last lap he keeps telling me I am 6th in this session even though I might became 2nd.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm just discovering the voice recognition section of Crew Cheif and WOW!

Is there a complete list of commands available for Raceroom that I can print out?

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yes, in the root of the app's installation folder there's a help.txt file. They're in there, along with some other useful information

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    cheers mate

8. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Hi, all :)
    Got a small issue: spotter don't warn me when there's a "car left" or "right" of my car, neither "three wide"...
    What can I do ???

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    If you enabled "realistic mode" in the properties, switch it off

10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to reduce the entries in the game list to only those games I actually use and own? There are quite some entries now, actually I only need RR and AC, both 64 Bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nah, no option to do that. Not sure it's really worth the time to be honest

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jose2k2

jose2k2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! congrats for this job, it looks amazing. But i dont know to put the language to spanish. I donwload the spanish pack from microsoft but i dont know how to change into the program. Thanks a loot!

13. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Thanx, it's ok, now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Downloaded this yesterday night and had a quick 20 minutes to try work it all out - for pitting, great that it auto-selects everything as you enter the pits (No silly faffing about while you drive past your pit box struggling to work out whats going on!) but the quick couple tries I had, I couldn't get it to select a different pit stop preset. Is there anything in this where I could have separate buttons on a button box, each mapped to a command sequence: 'Pit requested - choose pit preset 1 (or 2 or whatever) - confirm'. Also be handy to have them mapped to buttons since my headsets fairly naff and I can't hear myself speak with them on so from the outside it seems like I'm sat in a dark room shouting random stuff at nobody!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  15. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to call for a pitstop with multiple presets? For example: Box this lap preset 2

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    not really. The app can't select a preset by name because it doesn't know what preset is already selected, and the preset list in the pit menu wraps (so the app can't press 'left' 20 times and know it must be on preset 1).

So you'd have to make the "next preset" command, then the "box this lap" command.

The pit macros work nicely but they're very limited by the existing issues with the pit menu

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, it would seem the option "Enable driver names" can not really be disabled. I've done a race in AMS yesterday and tonight in R3E with the option unchecked and in both cases, CC was still using driver names (at least for example when someone crashed - "it seems like XY binned it" - or retired from the race, but possibly in other situations as well).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up, obviously it's not a feature that gets much testing. I'll fix it for the next rel

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. a.caly

a.caly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I have a big issue :( , not sound . I downloaded it + update with green buttons + set up with .exe. I put the volume background on 0 and other volume on max. When I click on start , I don't have any sound and in the game not more.
    When I put the volume background on the medium , I have a small sound but it's inapprehensible. I tried with others mans , it's the same.
    Thank you for your help :)

20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim. Is there any way to edit the controller list ? I have 3 button boxes and they're all listed as the same name ; makes it difficult when trying to bind a function. Thanks

Oh btw I tried to register for your website and it gives me an error page.