App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The forum has been slow of late, we get metric fckton of spam attacks (bots and crawlers going nuts on the site). Dunno why - perhaps the app was rude to the wrong nerd. Anyway, it might be related to registration issues, I'll poke Morten.

Regarding button boxes, I'll see if there's anything in the input API I can add to disambiguate and ensure the list is ordered consistently. No promises tho, because this is a problem that falls into the "boring" category ;)

2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Jim, is it possible to ask the chief, how many fuel I need for 40 Minutes or something like that? And if yes, how could I do that? I have a button to speak to him and pitstop confirmation works good, So this would be a nice addition for me.

3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Ask "how much fuel for 40 minutes" or "how.much fuel for 20 laps" or whatever, after you've done 3 or more flying laps. When asking about fuel needed for a number of minutes on longer tracks, the result can be a bit inaccurate, but for most cases it's about right.

Also, remember that you'll need to allow for up to 1 extra lap in timed races because the race doesn't finish exactly when the timer reaches zero - you finish the lap you're on. The app won't make this adjustment for you so if the race is 40 minutes and the average laptime is 2 minutes, you need to as "how much fuel for 42 minutes", or maybe a little more as the estimate might not be 100% accurate

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much :) (donation is out, I really want to do this weeks ago...)

5. sloeri

sloeri New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of adding "Joeri" to the names list ? :)
    thank you in advance.

6. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My name isn't really there (spelling wise) but pronunciation wise, Jurgen Is more than correct ;) Makes me feel more sophisticated :D

7. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use the command voice to request a pit stop.
    Before, when I enter pit, secquency of commands acept the pit stop. But now, secquency of commands cancel pit stop.
    Can you help me?

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It shouldn't be possible to cancel the stop when you enter the pitlane - this was removed in the last game update. Are you requesting a pitstop then allowing the app the execute the confirm stop macro automatically?

9. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but the app the execute the confirm stop macro automatically don't work correctly

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Weird. I'll test it this afternoon

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    just tested it, and it works fine for me.

Are you sure your in-game key bindings match the key-bindings in the saved_command_macros.json file? See http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?263-Command-key-press-macros&p=2378&viewfull=1#post2378 for more info.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're on the latest R3E version - steam should have auto-updated you but there seem to have been a few issues here. Right-click the game in Steam, select 'local files' and 'verify integrity of game files'. Some folks have also deleted the rrre64.exe file from Game/x64/ folder before doing this, to force Steam to update to the latest version.

12. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    MACRO: Pressing keys KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_S, KEY_E, Pause 3000 milliseconds, KEY_Q
    I think work correctly without one KEY_S.
    Thank you for your patience.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    'S' moves the cursor down, and with the latest R3E version it doesn't wrap back to the top when it reaches the bottom, so pressing it lots of times is safe because it means I know the bottom menu item will be highlighted. And 'confirm pit actions' is always the bottom item, so this should work. Unless I'm missing something?

14. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I edit saved_command_macros.json without one KEY_S. now work all correctly. But I think my game don't update to the latest version, because I can cancel pit. I'll reinstal tomorrow

Thank you for your work and patience.

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Delete that file and run the integrity check, don't bother reinstalling the whole game

16. Timi

Timi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do it and all work perfect, thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  17. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Should add the name "Joey"

18. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    We should be able to introduce our own name, is this possible?

19. SIMFAI

SIMFAI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello Crew Chief Developers, Big Thank you for such apps, it is very useful apps in RRE platform that helps and guide players during championship. It also helps to minimise racing incidents especially side to side racing etc. Keep up the good work !!!! Well done.

Am actually Fai, Founder of SIMFAI Solutions. We now into hosting championship race for community base in Asia. I believe in automation, technology apps etc... Is there any possibilities for your team to work on Live Auto Commentary apps for Sim Racing ? Mainly for race broadcaster or hosting rather than we use random human with different voice and accent. I think it will be brilliant commentary apps to be available next beside Crew Chiefs. Let me know if you have something similar that you plan to work on. Am more than happy to chip in and be part of the project.

Thank you !!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jim, the past few weeks, CC gives me wrong places, saying i am leading while i am 23rd ! then suddenly sometimes he is right...its fluctuating but most of the time its a wrong placement.
    Do you know about this issue?

Regards,
    Silvano

EDIT i am talking about AMS, sorry didnt know in witch forum to announce this as i cant get in CC forum for whatever reason.

• Agree Agree x 1