Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    Further update. Just did another race and no lap times.:(
    I did a restart at one point (forgot to turn on my wheel). I have no idea whether that would affect it or not?
    I have attached console text if that helps.
    As always, very much appreciate everything! :D

Attached Files:

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Well, so laps are printed only when CC detected session as Finished. I looked at the log, and during first race there were 9 laps completed, but then CC went immediately to Green phase again of the new Race, without previous race "Finished". There might be a bug where we don't finish R3E race session in some situation, but I am not seeing it here. How did you start the second race?

Also note, if you restart Chief, all lap stats are lost. But I don't think this is the case here, it simply seems that for some reason CC can't detect race as being over.

3. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    That's odd.

Here's what happened - I set up the race as normal, went in and just as the race was starting (lights not even out yet) I realised my wheel was not turned on at the power outlet, so I hit restart which delayed things just long enough for the wheel to initialise.

I then did a full ten lap race, for which I have a results file showing all 10 laps were completed (and I also have a full replay file). [NB this was technically the 'second' race]

I ended the session as normal by clicking continue as it takes you through the results screens and then ended the session as normal.

My gut feel is there is a bug (or at least a fussiness about how you exit the session??), although I agree I haven't provided the evidence for it as yet. Over the next few days I'll keep a very careful note of every step I take and see if I can spot what makes it work and what makes it not work.

Thanks again for your help. I'll post again if I find any consistent predictors of 'printing' vs 'not printing' the lap times.

4. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    You could also capture a repro trace, that way we could see what exactly is going on. Is it 2 race event?
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces

5. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    (1) Will do
    (2) Nope, single session event: Qualifying Mins: Off Race 1: 10 laps Race 2: Off

6. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    I've done the repro trace and the file is available here: https://we.tl/t-d5lZgwnJaT

For the record, I just repeated the earlier 10 lap race (with no restarts to confound anything) and reproduced the "error" - i.e. no lap times.

After race completed: I clicked continue (the only option) 3 times [going through results screen, results screen, podium screen]. This took me to the Single Player screen with the option to click Back. I did so and was then at the main screen:

20180909172043_1.jpg 20180909172318_1.jpg

All normal I suspect. Results file was created and I've included it in the zip.

Big thank you again for having a look at this. Love my stats!

7. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Thanks, I'll have a look soon, downloaded the trace. Really appreciate clear repro instructions. Also, I'll look into adding more detailed stats to the session laps printout.

8. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    No i am not using nAudio and yes i mean the pitlane sounds, but since some update lately (i posted this in june), this issue seems to be cured. If that start again i will send you the console output.

Keep the good work ;)
    Thanks

9. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Hi there ;)
    Was wondering if, on AC, the spotter tells us about penalties when using the Pit Limiter Penalty App ???
    Thanx for response :)

10. Marc Miller

Marc Miller New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey first of all ... the crew chief is great ... but i have a problem and i canĀ“t solve it ... everytime i try to say "in this lap" the game pauses ... what is that issue about ?

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 0
  12. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    mr_belowski,i have a problem with the console text since the last update.
    When I press Start the scroll bar goes up when I press Stop.
    down in version 4.9.5.5
    Thanks Pit 54

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 0
    eh?

FYI, the console no longer scrolls when the app is active (it was consuming CPU cycles). It scrolls to the bottom automatically when you press 'stop'. This is intentional

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0