Online Ranking System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr_Mints_Taboo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Online Ranking system is Blancpain Sprint (BS).

I just wanted to be the first person to complain, before it becomes the standard first post in the forum.
    I had an online race last week and somebody smashed into me as I slowed up in preparation for entering the braking zone. Despite swearing at him loudly, and calling his Mother's reputation into question (hehe that was hilarious!) no action was taken to remove him from the game. What gives Session 3?

5 Other people crashed into me that race, one even pulled a handbrake turn and planted his car sideways in the road in an attempt to slow me - I of course aimed straight at him, as he was clearly in the wrong, and I had the racing line. Despite seeing my clear intentions, he stayed where he was and slammed into me.

I am not a noob at this, having played GT5 and Farcry Horizons 2 (yeah, I have a playstation AND an X-Box!). I take this very seriously, and even bought an inflatable gaming seat to enhance the gaming experience. It has a rumble speaker under my butt so I can feel the understeer before it happens.

I really don't see the point in trying to drive professionally when surrounded by wreckers.

These 'gamers' are ruining my career.

You announced you were releasing a system to enhance online gameplay, but despite this, some people are carrying on like it's not going to happen. I hope it teaches them how to drive!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the rankings really have happened just yet, only thing I noticed was in leaderboard challenges.
    As far as I understand all online servers (for now) are personal servers run by the playerbase. Until Sector3 runs their own dedicated servers with a certain ruleset I don't think there is much they can do about the wreckers. So wait and see I guess.

Lately I've mostly done single event against the AI for practice. True it doesn't give the same thrill as racing against humans but man, they kick ass! At the beginning of the new AI I really felt they were to aggressive, I have changed my opinions entirely. They don't give up, chances are that they will fight back the spot they just lost, they do mistakes and end up in the grass, and they don't wait for you to catch up instead they fight in between them for places. Just run Crew Chief and you hear when theres a new leader in the race.

I myself have almost left the public racing for the same reason as you and instead gone to RaceDepartement. They seem nice, I mean they haven't kicked me after my 60 minutes debacle in my first clubrace so that must mean something. ;) But jokes aside, there's a very small fee to join as a premium.
    For that RD hosts several races in both EU and US, Teamspeak server, driving classes in different sims, very helpful forums and more.
    There's other communitys but RD was my choice, just look it up:)

3. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    This made me LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I like to hit my braking points as accurately as possible - sometimes this requires me to be going slower as I get to them. Same for Apexes - You can't be expected to nail them if you are going flat out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think that time spent off track may go against drivers in the new ranking system. As for slowing down for a braking zone? Not sure about that one. The braking zone is for exactly that, I only brake once I reach my marker.

6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I had also heard that. My plan is to park up just after the La Source hairpin, tight to the wall on the right, then stay there while I go to work. My off-track/on-track ratio will skyrocket.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it wont as you will get penalty points for sitting still

Andi

8. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

1 rule for some.............

9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Give us time.
    We RD staffers are old, and we don't move very fast. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    He read my OP and still wanted someone like that to join???

"I of course aimed straight at him, as he was clearly in the wrong, and I had the racing line."

People around here (and RD) are clearly far too friendly!:):):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I was really hoping your OP was serious, still funny though. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Says the man who showed me the seedy underbelly of his NSU mid-druids. Greased lightning I tell ya, 360 no-scope wheely to wheely action. <3

• Like Like x 1
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yes well, at my age a seedy underbelly is about as much action as I'm liable to get. :D
    Besides, I distinctly remember losing that race......by rather a lot if memory serves

14. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Others may have won, but nothing beats a good "Is that... CheerfullyInsane?"-moment. :D That's the real gold.

• Funny Funny x 1