Opel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vectrafahrer, Jun 2, 2020.

1. vectrafahrer

vectrafahrer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello, why are all sim racing hardly Opel? in Raceroom there is only one Opel Omega. How about Opel Calibra, Opel Vectra B STW, Opel Astra DTM and Opel Vectra C DTM in Raceroom, how about developing in Raceroom? I'm so fed up in every sim I see BMW, Mercedes Audi Porsche.

Sorry Google Translate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Opel Kadett C GT/E Gr. 5 or 4
    Opel Ascona 400 Gr. 4

But the most possible is i think Opel Astra TCR, bc there once was said that for the WTCR class was a additional car made, but bc the team never made it into WTCR it didnt got released. And as i remember Opel wanted to take part in WTCR, but withdrew

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I've been hoping for this a long time ago. Now, we've got Group 4 in RR, maybe.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. vectrafahrer

vectrafahrer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like 90er amd 2000er Opel car. Is beoutiful. Is my Time.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    We only need one Opel!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it's looking likely we might get a TC Cup class in game for TCR spec cars and liveries. The Astra TCR had success in TCR Germany and could be a possibility in future to bolster this class.

My second (and very unlikely) choice would be a super touring Vectra from either the BTCC or STW.

7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    The reason is that Opel does not care anymore about racing and that's why they don't care anymore about simracing-presenting their cars virtual. Opel has A LOT bigger problems than caring about simracing or racing.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For that same reason, PSA group could do with every cent they can get from licensing. It´s free money so weird they don´t get it.

9. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    They would need people to give the sims the data, provide cars, models, trackdays...it costs money. And Opel has no active Motorsport segment.
    Greetings

10. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    But f.e. the Gr. 5 Kadett was built by a privatteam and not by opel, like the Capri is from Zakspeed (Gr. 5 Opel has a Zakspeed-bodykit inerestingly). This could be a way to bring some more opels in, like we got the Gr4 M1 with the help of a privateerteam.

11. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    if i remember correctly, that kadett just lasted one race (?) and was build by a Opel Salesman with Zakspeed support. You would need real life data, which might not be available anymore and still the permission by Opel. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I don't think it would happen.
    Greetings

12. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes it only raced once, sadly. But it was just an example.

I think when searching in group 4 we may find more cars where data is available. And remember the Fabcar/Ruf, permission from Porsche wassnt possible these days. May something similar is possible here.

Hope dies last.

13. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    This is true, Kissling Motorsport who built the TCR Astra on behalf of Opel closed. They passed the project to Lubner motorsport who now seem more interested in running Ladas.

Under PSA ownership I don't see Opel returning to racing soon as they seem more interested in rally and RX and offer the Peugeot 308 for TCR competition. Opel no longer make anything remotely interesting so racing would have little value to them.

I still can't figure out why Vauxhall (the UK brand) still back a works BTCC team (although I'm glad they do).

14. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just for the Opel Calibra itc. There is a car in private Hand and i Think the owner would be proud to see his car in game and help the devs where he can i am Sure. Just need the Opel license.

15. vectrafahrer

vectrafahrer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wrote to opel whether they respond to raceroom. because of Opel sim. Hi Dani, thank you for your message. We are pleased that you are an Opel fan, but unfortunately you are in the wrong place with us. Please contact the provider directly. many Greetings Opel team

• Like Like x 3