International Open invite by ESR - New champ - Have your say! 10.000 vRP!!

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    That got me an idea, if we go Audi TT RS, DTM or GT3 we can do 6 sprints and 6 endu races, equal or more than 60min, and a drop round for each category,
    AS much as I love the KTM, don't think it's good for Endu

p.s. - look at me supporting RWD, wtf is wrong with me, need to stop this shitt

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe 1 race 40 min ? Turn tyresx2 fuel x4 ? Make pits more into play :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of a mini-enduro - maybe these could be every third round? which would still give a mix of "sprint" races and "mini-enduro's" (it could also give us a "championship within a championship") It may throw a spanner in the works, but a double point system for the enduro rounds could encourage numbers into the longer races?

Agree with Andy (what's going on here!) - while I suck at pitstops, I do think they add a strategy to races.
    There seems to currently be a lean towards GT3 for this series - I know variety is good, but how about a "Porsche" - RUF GT3 single-make - championship? puts us a little more on a level field - at least as far as car options - we wont have the "this cars quicker than that" argument......

I'm not too sure about the parity of the GT3 cars overall - But we could always look into a Div 1/Div 2 if GT3 was to be selected as a whole - it would mean a bit of work (and require sufficient entries in each group), but we could group similar paced cars into groups for example American Muscle could be one (Mustang/Camaro) You would still just compete in an "open race" (as in not separating the grid into the groups)

I'm not overly worried - I'm not a huge contender anyway, just like to hang out with you guys and do some Racerooming!

Chris

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Andy (what's going onhere!)

Wow printed off , took screenshot , took pic on my phone , invited 10 friends over just to witness that comment ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    u guys are trying to kill me with this 2 race per round thing; consider slow people, people! one track per week though, right??

GT3 selected by the the honchos for balance sounds good to me, 1 enduro (no sprint that day) every 3 or 4 weeks sounds fun; can we "ban" tracks used twice in the last 3 tourneys?

6. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @Riverside those two races would be sprint races so maybe a tad easier? like 25/15 or 20/20 something on those lines

Personally, I see only one winner here and that is the AUDI TT RS VLN it checks the most boxes for a fun and competitive league
    - it's fast enough to be challenging but slow enough to have door to door fights
    - it checks the single car so all drivers are on equal terms
    - it checks the box for limited setup so equal terms
    - you can do sprint and enduro in it
    - it's easy enough to drive for slow/medium speed drivers to have fun but right on the limit is challenging enough for fast guy's to get a thrill
    - it sounds fuckking amazing, at least in my own opinion
    - the only box it doesn't thick it's being RWD, but a tonne of RWD people love the TT RS VLN so maybe there is something to it

And I am not being selfish here and say that because it's an FWD car, for this upcoming league I am open to RWD but I want a proper fun league and like Andy said a while ago, these cars bring a lot of fun.

DTM16 are also very fun but the difference between slow/medium and fast people will be 2-3-4+ sec/lap, instead of probably max 2sec in the Audi(depending on the track), also door to door in the DTM16 it is possible but the risk vs reward is very high and prone to more stewarding
    GT3 same as DTM16, both of them have lot's of setup option and will bring advantage/disadvantage for more experience drivers, one good example is that my knowledge(limited as it is) with setups will bring me a lot closer to the proper RWD fast guy's than in theory I should be.
    Some might say, well that is the field of competitiveness and I agree, but what do you want more, a very competitive field and maybe 4-5 people fighting for podium/victory or 10 people going door to door for that podium?
    When I did TCOne it was MEGA ULTRA CRAZY competition and for me it was more work than fun, yes when I had a good result I was over the moon but during the race it wasn't fun, it was just crazy concentration and focus, while when I did Andy's servers with single make cars , NSU come to mind, even do I had 0.2/lap on other guy's that means shit when you are behind(and in cockpit mode), even if someone in the TT RS VLN is 1sec/lap faster it's still hard to pass, for someone to pass other drivers really quickly you need 2sec+/lap
    Anyway........GO AUDI TT RS VLN

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    From our experience (just started the new DTM/VRTM 16 Season) the 16 cars have become a bit delicate, cause the aerodynamics changed that way that DRS has become almost useless cause you still can drive with very low wing settings at almost any track - means every experienced DTM driver will wipe the floor with those who use (or have to use) higher wing settings.We reported this to S3 and it might be that they will work on it "soon". Atm it makes the races very competetive but unless you have some brief experience it might be hard for those who are relatively new to them. But on the physics side they definitively advanced compared to DTM 15 and are lotta fun to drive.
    Even if I'm no friend of FWD cars I must say the TT RS VLN is very cool to drive for RWD drivers as well and guess it would provide well-balanced racing for any kinda driver, no matter if experienced or not (that much)...
    Well so I would agree
    with Mr.C.....

My two cents ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    That's weird, all i can see in this thread is DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16 DTM 16

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Multiclass all day. P2 vs GT3 or P1 vs P2 just to name a few. A main race and a sprint race, 50 + 15 mins.

Yes, you can always restrict the use of cars but IMHO the only car where I see a massive difference today is the Porsch...Sorry, Fabcar 935 vs the rest of the Gr.5 cars. At least on tracks with longer straights.

Tracks: Everything other than Hockenheim, Nurburgring and Spielberg . Every server races on these. Nothing wrong with them but there are other options. Paul Ricard 1C-2V/Portimao for endurance, Chang International, Salzburg and Sonoma Sprint for shorter sprint type events.

TT RS is always great fun and produces good racing.

Edit: Tyres and fuel on x2 at least.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  10. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I know it wasn't on the list but I am hoping I can get a lot of support for the M1 Procar. It is less often used, sounds amazing, and is a great car to drive and/or learn to drive. Also no worries over balance and differences between cars. Also many many livery to chose from. So who is with me? :)

Jesse

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    much better

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Aelcio Junior

Aelcio Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Audo Tt Rs would be my first choice.
    These cars allow the guys run everybody together!

Race with 40 minutes with tyre and fuel wear 1x

My second choise would be GT3 endurance. 2 hours of race with tyre and fuel wear 2x.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aelcio Junior

Aelcio Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Guys, how can I put my name in the interested list?

14. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Audi TT RS is the only FWD I like to drive, so that will get my vote, as well as GT3 and DTM 16. It's also not as delicate as the other two allowing door to door racing. I'm also interested with non mandatory pitstops but will that complicate things too much?

15. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    wait for the sign-up to begin, atm this is just a discussion thread to see what we can vote

16. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    We tried a 40 minute drop in race On Sunday(EST) with tyre wear and fuel on normal with WTCC 15. Tyres had to be changed but fuel lasted the full race. We had no mandatory pit stop. There were no complications the pit stops worked as expected. Except for the participants that we think had no pit stop presets created. (they left the race)

17. Aelcio Junior

Aelcio Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  18. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You will still be able to join ESR once this opinion finding phase has finished

19. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Next test tires x2 and fuel x3? And maybe some of the anticipated cars, as wtcc15 tire wear is different from Audi tt rs or Gt3 or dtm16.
    Good job

20. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Yes mate understood that. Just wanted to prove the concept. Will try some of the fancied cars this weekend.

• Love it! Love it! x 1