International Open invite by ESR - New champ - Have your say! 10.000 vRP!!

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Mclaren/BMW Z4/Audi would be a cool champ I feel like. 4x tire wear in those would be an interesting 40 mins thats for sure!

2. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    so much love for the audi tt rs.... didn't you guys just do a fwd championship?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Yes we did :mad:

But it wasnt all bad. i for one just favor RWD over FWD vehicles and the TTrs is a very good handling and easy to drive car, for FWD

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I also got a lot of feedback for Group 5
    What is the interest level for this car.
    Vote coming up very very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I still put bmw m1 procar in the hat. Group 5 would be fun. I do love them wild beasts. but unforgiving and wildly different cars within the class.. id be for it. id be last but id be for it. after the m1 of course. :)

6. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    what does "a lot" of interest mean, One very big man or more than one people, two?:)
    I might struggle to vote between TT RS and either M1 or a single car RWD..don't like myself right now.

7. Genghiz Kahn

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    multi-class Group 5 vs DTM 92/Touring classics

8. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Like it was discussed before, multi-class requires at least 15cars in each group and that will be hard to achieve for 12 rounds.
    Also multi-class is more like an Endu thing, and it's more complicated for administration, I like it, raced in many multi-class events but the most fun(at least for me) comes from single make series with limited setup

9. Genghiz Kahn

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Im sure we could find a way to make Multi-class work. I like the idea because we would be able to separate the very fast drivers from the slower guys (such as myself).

The prizes in this series will generate a lot of drivers on its own. If we change the structure of the prize system from a random draw to 1-2-3 accordingly for each class i think 25ish (10-12 cars per class would be more of a realistic number) drivers per race can be accomplished.

at the moment i have more time on my hands these days. Ive taken a training course (automotive service tech). Going from a 12 hour day to a 6 hour day, so i could help out if @MeMotS and the admins of ESR needed.

This of course will depend on the drivers who sign up and their schedule. If drivers do sign up please schedule these events on your calendar.

10. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @Genghiz Kahn your funny, slow guys:)))
    the problem with 10-12/class especially in old RWD cars is that the discrepancy in pace will be huge, let's say you run away at the front in Gr 5, so you will be solo, then 3-4 will battle for podium and the rest of the 7 guy's will surely not be all in the same pace/lap category, maybe another group of 2 driver, so this will not make a fun event for anyone.
    While in a single make league, let's say M1 or BMW from WTCC13 or Mercedes vs BMW in DTM 92, but mostly M1 where setup is limited(not that setup will count for a 4sec gap) the pack will be closer and closer pack = more fun events
    That's why I keep tooting for Audi TT RS, like I said in a previous post, it checks so many points for a FUN league that it will be hard not to choose it

11. Genghiz Kahn

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    *Edited because i read it later and didnt understand my bizarre ramblings*

The only problem i can see with multi-class is keeping track of each drivers position. At the end of each race someone will have to separate the 2 classes for the leader board. In some cases drivers from the slower class will end ahead of the faster class, shuffling the 2 classes together. The whole fun of multi-class is traffic for both the faster and slower class, The lead drivers (faster class) will see position changes happen more often as traffic will be a factor and the same (fastest) guy isnt always going to win, like we have seen in the past.

Dont get me wrong i really enjoy the TTrs and i agree with you on the fixed setup but we are going to see 1 guy in the lead like we have in past series.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  12. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Who's that guy? I won a few races but wasn't in the hunt for the championship so it went down to the last race, I call that a successful championship.
    I would love to do all the rounds but it won't happen sadly

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    a few people. There not a member or admin who is "bigger" than the rest.
    G5 came up a few time that's why i brought it up here to see the interest.
    As for Multiclass it is a strong possibility and something we will most likely aim for on the next champ.
    the success of this champs and the amount of new drivers/old we get on the track will determined the size of the next champ and that includes Multi-class.
    With the 10.000 vRP in prizes there is hope that the champ will be big.
    By the way the amount of races is not locked to 11 it could be 9. We will ask in the vote for that as well.

Edit: btw i am the reason why we haven't pushed the voting process into high gear yet.
    Major personal stuff to deal with recently and of course we also blame @::SKRO:: for everything else, because its fun to blame him for everything.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  14. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Not to be a downer.....but zero interest in G5 for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    David, Thats not a downer it is a personal preference and nothing wrong with saying that they don't float your boat.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I am fighting for the M1 for sure but ill join in any case. it'll be a great opportunity for me to learn having to really study a certain car. I expect to be mostly last anyway :) I'll see you all at the polling booth. er..so who do I bribe for extra votes?

17. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    @Goran Gorgiev, your favourite track is in the competition this for this month (Sachsenring with ADAC 2015).
    I've posted my time, 1:20.682. Get out there guys/gals and post a time.

PS: This message supports the GT3 campaign.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Oh I'll take the challenge. can I get a 10 second handicap?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Pushing for a bigger championship isn't always the best solution, there will undoubtedly be benefits with more competition but from experience of TPS or other major big league, there will be a lot of downsides also.
    I am looking forward to it regardless
    thanks for the effort you put in

20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 would be interesting....I think I have a few classes ahead of it, but who knows.

Not that it has any bearing, but series we have done, if memory serves are below...I don't mind dipping back in but would be interesting to do something different...although the GTR3 class is the most interesting with the additional cars.

I feel I am missing one?
    GTR2
    GTR3
    BMW DTM 92 vs BMW TC
    WTCC

Summer champ, which was AWESOME, Formula Jr one race then Aquilla.