OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. SchultzNYC

SchultzNYC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my VR is broken too. I'm not in Steam VR Beta. But, my eyes are out of sink. Depth is off. Feels like my eyes are crossed.

2. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Same here.

Steam VR f-ed up again. I'm not in the beta either.

3. FastHawK_NL

FastHawK_NL New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, unfortunately I have to confirm there is a definite problem with the latest (non-beta) update for SteamVR that also got pushed though to my PC today. It makes RaceRoom completely unplayable in VR on my Oculus Rift CV1. Just when I was about to practice for the WTCC eSports challenge. This couldn't come at a more worse moment than ever. I absolutely love RaceRoom, it's the best ever, but VR is really a very crucial aspect of the whole experience.

Please Sector 3 Studios, I know you can't control updates of SteamVR, but I sincerly hope you can fix the issue as soon as possible. It wil make us VR users very happy!

• Like Like x 2
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reporting, Valve was notified when the issue re-appeared in SteamVR Beta, and now again after it rolled to the default branch. Let's see...

5. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I think steam just reverted to the old build themselves:

SteamVR Updated
    12 APRIL - ALEX VLACHOS
    SteamVR has been reverted to the previous version until the issue with Oculus Rift is resolved. The SteamVR beta will remain updated with the latest build.

Everything is working normal for me on Vive. (the bug only affected the Oculus though).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yes, all is working well again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Why was it so much clearer with steam vr broken? Not sure how many noticed that. It was really obvious looking at the dash and even things in the distance looked great.

8. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I did notice that too!

9. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Ok!!!:D VR is working again... But you have to Opt into the Steam Beta program again!!! and the Graphics are Cleaner than before!!!

10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    so the beta is now working? I'm confused. They rolled the standard version back to fix the broken rendering and some Oculus tracking issue, and pushed the broken build back to beta. Have they updated the beta again, and fixed the rendering?

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    No... the steam VR beta is broken and the regular branch is OK, just tested it.

Regarding image quality I can't see any difference at all between the beta and the regular version (apart from the eye offset being completely wrong in beta)

This is all on Vive

12. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Oculus Rift
    3pm NY time I tested it when i got on without opting into the Steam Beta--->No Good VR Not working Eyes out of Sync.:mad:

3:50 NY time just thought i'd opt back into the Steam Beta just to Check----> Success VR working again:D

-vr set in special launch instruction tab On ....Oculus the Graphics Look better for some reason... i dunno why but im ok with it... I havent tried Higher -vr settings... Yet im just happy its working again:)

Edit 7:15pm: I opted out of the Beta program to see if VR still would work...Its still working:D Very Odd because when i tested it earlier it would not work until i opted back into the beta:confused:... What ever the case im Not going to bother with whats or whys??? im just happy its working again:)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  13. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, now you got me completely confused...o_O

- VR with opted OUT beta works?
    - VR with opted In beta works?

I wrote last week that (I don't know why, couldn't refer it to hard facts...) VR looked sharper, more crispy for my feelings, without having made any changes, of course with beta opted OUT, because it was broken. Some other had this impression too.

Now VR was broken a few days nevertheless VR beta was opted IN or OUT.

What is the status right now? I read your posts and understand it that way, that VR with beta opted OUT works again, but the image is not that clear looking anymore. The point I'm not sure about is, if you opt IN beta now it works also and VR has this miracle crispy image quality...?

I'm not a native speaker, so perhaps someone can explain it to me in simple words?!:)

14. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I dont know what or why but VR is working again for Me.... The image is also Better IMO...

Is VR working for you as well???

I dont exactly Know what fixed it:confused:.. but as i posted it wasnt working... i opted back in and it worked again... Tested to see if opting out will break it again but it still workedo_O

Maybe i stepped away from PC and there was a update that i Missed:eek:... I dunno
    Im just happy VR works again:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  15. Luc Ant

Luc Ant New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to increase the text in the HUD in VR? For example I can't see the amount of fuel, the tires status and so on...
    Thanks,
    Luca

16. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know it's not possible to adjust the seize of the HUD. I think that would be a great addition.

Another nice feature would be the possibility to adjust the contrast (and/or the seize) of the status bar, because for me it's hard to read the names and gap times.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  17. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Steam VR Beta works now again ?

18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Nope, not for me.
    Oculus CV1.

19. Steph Amiel

Steph Amiel New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    SteamVR Beta Updated (1492726420)
    21 avril - aaron.leiby
    The SteamVR beta has been updated with the following changes:

Compositor
    • Fix for rendering issue with apps (e.g. RaceRoom Experience) which use CreateDeviceContextState to support DX10 and 11 simultaneously and also pass in double-wide textures with separate bounds for left and right images.

20. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    In case anyone else has been plagued with grey flashes in VR I've posted a possible fix HERE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1