OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I push ASW to a constant 45 fps as my graphics settings are too high to even get near constant 90 fps.
    To do this automaticaly, you should use the "Oculus Try Tool". With this tool you can create individual profilies for each game. My raceroom profile is:
    "Super Sampling" = 0 (the value has to be "0" as Raceroom his its own Super Sampling (e.g. -vr 2.0) with Steam VR
    "ASW" = 45 fps (the game is set to constant 45 fps)

You can download the "Oculus Try Tool" here:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community...ng-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It didn´t work for me to set ASW through a profile for raceroom since it runs through SteamVR.
    The manual says you have to change the global ASW setting to have any effect in SteamVR and so i did.
    You can see this if you press the more>> button /Visual Hud Overlay and Set mode to ASW Status in the Oculus Tray Tool.
    You can then see if ASW is active or toggles from not active to active or just not active depending on how you set it.
    I left mine on auto since forcing to 45fps didn´t improve anything for me since i´m always below 90fps which makes ASW active all the time.

3. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if i go with rift or vive....does any of them work better with raceroom? Or it does not really matter?

4. demaarten79

demaarten79 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would say The Rift, it is cheaper, and it has ASW which is better then vive's asynchronous reprojection.

Running this game at 90fps is impossible... so you need good 45FPS so choose the rift!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I will have go for the Rift CV1 soon too, now using a DK2. Yes, it's cheaper, I like the design more (ok, not soooo important perhaps) and I don't care about this walking through the room or doing this motion controller thing, as I only use VR for simracing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. demaarten79

demaarten79 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The rift with the touch controllers (which are also fantastic) maybe don't have the room scale, but it works fantastic, so you should try VR for other things then sim racing, it is also great (Space pirate trainer, GoogleEarth VR, etc).

But sim racing is where VR shines.

Btw Sector3studios, will we get further improvements in performance for VR in the future. I would love to be able to run 90FPs (my PC should be capable, so further optimisation is needed). Thanks

7. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I use the Rift CV1 with touch controllers and a 360° roomscale setup with only 2 sensors.
    This works very well for me and since the last software update 1.14 the tracking is almost perfect.
    My sensors are in the left front and right back corner of my room at a height of 170 cm (upside down tracking).
    The distance between the sensors is 330 cm. My playground is 240 cm x 220 cm (width x depth) and that's
    enough for almost every VR game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem, but the light shaft are off.

9. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't get the flickering but I do get a flash of the screen occasionally. It's like someone took a picture with a very bright flash and the image comes back gradually. This all occurs in about a second. This only happens when I race with R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  10. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I found it, it was BLOOM!
    Deactivate it, and you're don't see it again.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Bloom plus Lightshafts Off seems to correct 99% of problem however I am still stalked by a large shadow across the track at times. Indycar at Nurburgring at Noon is one such place for me.

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I get shadow glitches occasionally if Shadow Split is disabled

13. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I've got shadow splits on, bloom and light shafts off and i still get those large shadows across the map at times. I'm hoping this gets resolved in the next patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly the same problem.

15. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well, just tried the latest fix and I still see the shadows. They don't show up on the replay for some odd reason though. Only in VR.

16. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Just changed my GTX970 to a GTX1080 today and... BAM! Turned up the graphic details and give it a go with super sampling 2.0... I mean I just have a DK2, but it's like a whole new experience. It's so awesome to be able to drive with these settings... it's like a completly new sim (ok, ok, I'm just a little bit over the top, but still...)!!! Just wanted to let you now that I'm blown away right now!:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Has the last update changed anything for you guys? Before, VR was running perfect but since it's now choppy / micro stutter.

18. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    For me quite the opposite actually, I fired it up this morning and said 'wow this looks and runs fantastic right now'. Such is the life of early VR support. No ryme or reason to any of it.

19. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    If anything much smoother and better utilization. In fact I've turned a few settings up a tiny bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I turned car graphics up a bit and all 32 shadows on, working nice ATM.

101 hours in R3E VR just awesome. Thanks Sector 3

• Like Like x 1