OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The last time I raced RRE (March) I found it a complete ballache to go through the Pit Menu especially if your Pit Stall was one of the first in Pit Lane, this was before I found CC so this will come in handy for future reference!

2. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jim for the excellent program!

Where can I find how to do these pit macros with CC using voice commands? Thanks

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    All the info you need is near the bottom of the 'Help and getting started' text (click the button)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I will check it out.

5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0

anyone experienced something like that? disappearing hud while entering pits, max settings, 1.5 scale, gtx 1070 388 drivers

6. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Works great, set VR to 2.0 and graphics to a mix of medium and high. Works just like plug and play.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to VR now :)

I just used the same settings like before (everything maximum except track details, I may get them back to high) and it's strangely running better than with my monitor. It's running smooth like butter even with 50 AI on Nordschleife 24h. Lately I got very low FPS with my monitor with many AI on NOS24.

I use -vr 2.0 and yeah... looks bad ^^ but the immersion is fantastic. I didn't expect what I saw when I put on the Rift for the first time. Suddenly I'm competetive and don't drive like a granny anymore. so precise, much perfect, wow. I maybe get contact lenses because with glasses it's uncomfortable after a while. BUT I LOVE IT!!

Do you guys have any tipps? May I ask what your world scale is? Do you also put the seat back a bit? I barely saw the steering wheel in standard view.

8. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tinkered with the world scale, I find default pretty good. As for the seat, I usually try to "bump" my head on my wheel, and that should transfer to the in game wheel, that way you get the right seat position. And then for height just go with what seems to be accurate. But yeah you want your hands and the wheel to line up in game.

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I found the world scale a bit wrong by default (interior too small). I'm happy now.

And yeah I try to match my arms with the virtual arms. And it works pretty well.

Funny thing that I had the fear to get motion sickness but nothing. Totally fine. No problem, not even when spinning or driving backwards.
    Only thing I get some weird feelings in the stomach is when the car gets on the airjacks at a pitstop.
    And I still have my fear of heights in VR :-D

Edit: btw I don't mean fear of heights because of the 15cm airjacks. In replay I was placed on a building and I looked down and.... yeah... not good.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Since the last update I have a problem with tracks shadows and my Oculus CV1, the shadows are disappearing about 20m in front of the car, and after this 20m, it's only a 50m "shadowed band", it's very disturbing ...
    All worked fine before the update, all my settings are on "max" ... It is a setting to correct this or must we wait for a patch ?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I finally took the VR plunge and I'm having a problem (at least I think I am)

I added the vr code as indicated in the first post, but R3E will not start in Steam but it will start using the Oculus. Can I use the 64 Bit executable for VR (could that be what is causing it not to start)?

12. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    how it works:
    -add "-vr" in launch parameters
    -click play in steam library
    -choose 64bit
    thats it :p If that doesnt work for you then theres something wrong

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    for me after the patch, the 64 bit version was starting by default, did not have to change anything, and yes it works in vr

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i don't understand.
    did r3e now start or not? it should start in the rift and you should have a black screen on the monitor. (you can mirror the oculus picture to the monitor with an assignable key in raceroom.. called Toggle VR monitor or something).

When I start SteamVR first and then Raceroom, it won't start. I have to end SteamVR and just start R3E like always choosing the 64bit version. Then SteamVR starts automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for the help. I was starting Steam VR first and then R3E wouldn't start.

16. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    PLZ help!
    Front window banner disappear in VRmode
    2017-12-05 0042 0003.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  17. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I get the too following the latest patch and/or update to steam VR.
    Until the last week or so it would launch regardless. Difficult to say if it's RRRE or steam causing the problem though because both have updated at a similar time. As long as there's a workaround though it's all good, especially with the updates in the latest patch.

18. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I get very sick in vr in assetto corsa. Today i tried raceroom vr. No sick. I drive two lap in nurburgring and only little bit bad feel o
    In carusell. I'am so happy.

19. II./JG77_Manu

II./JG77_Manu New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When i tried AC and Pcars2, the scale was right out of the box. Even checked it in my room, stood up and measured the car within my (real world) room. In Raceroom the world seems too big when compared to reality. The door on the other side of the car is way to far away, would be unreachable from the seating position. I know that you can change "VR world scale" within the game, but there are no values displayed and it becomes guesswork to find the propper value (yes, there is one propper, objective "right" value).
    Is there an ini file or something where you can change the values to a realistic scale? Would be much appreciated..after tinkering with the (mostly graphic) settings in game this is the last letdown for me.

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    the values are displayed. When you press the world scale keys that you assigned in the options, the multiplier changes and is show on-screen in front of you. I have mine set to 0.95

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2