OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Nope and it’s by far the softest of all the vr sims ive tried (which I think is all of them). It’s probably the most demanding as well.

2. Frank Alexandre da Silva

Frank Alexandre da Silva New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good news. The workaround used for this guy before Pcars 2 had it build in works just fine with Raceroom. I tried some values and found -0.250 works better for me ( Vive ss 1.8). The better value will be diferent from vr model and supersampling used. Too much sharpness will cause artefacts and make the image worse. Use just a small value that didnt cause artefact (look at the guardrails on Monza) and make the image crisp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/...project_cars_2_in_vr/?st=jgbowlot&sh=cab9100c

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    7700k / 1080ti / 16 GB 3200 and still no 90 fps in VR !
    Why ?
    45 is kinda smooth but really , why cant my system get 90 fps in this title ? Every other racing title gets 90 but not R3E !

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    you have your settings too high :p As r3e was not intended for VR it is quite unoptimised on the CPU side. I would recommend turning off shadows and car shadows (cars will still have a contact shadow, so no weird floating cars). that will easily give you 90 fps if you have your other settings at a reasonable level.

5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    How much super sampling are you running?

How high is your AA set?

How many cars on the track with you while testing?

Which track? There are two I’m aware of that can’t be run smoothly in VR period (Sonoma and the new Chinese track)

I’m on a i7 extreme over clocked to 4.4ghz, a titan pascal gpu OC by ~20% and 64gigs of 3400 ram on a decent SSD.

I run 1.7SS, 4X AA
    Shadows on low
    Reflections on low
    LOD on close
    Everything else is high
    With more than 18 AI cars I will stutter if I’m in the back of the pack. Raceroom is very cpu intensive and generally I don’t see my gpu log above 85% load.

I find 45fps unacceptable, much like on a monitor. I find a lot of people disagreeing but it’s a ridiculous argument that usually boils down to “it’s a game i don’t take it too seriously” - which is fair enough but I invest a lot of time and money for a good experience. I recommend imola and 15 AI cars as a test bed. Some cars are far more intensive, so start with gt3 cars. Start reducing SS and AA to start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So, whats the actual state of things for the starting option`?

Do i have to set this -vr 1.x or is this history and i configute it otherwise?

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You have to put this as a start option like day one of VR Support

8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Received yesterday my lenses for the Oculus. Wow, what a difference. I am not involved in the business, but for me it was new, that something like that is avaiable in germany, so i want to share it here.

https://vroptiker.de/

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thought you've had them from vr lenslab?
    Ah, nevermind, I've mixed something up.... Talked with an other user about that and I think, he has it from vr lens lab. So 've bought mine there and they are googd, but I've to calibrate them all the time, because they are a bit loose.

Would it be ok for you to put up some photos?

All in all I really recommend everyone to use such and not the normal glasses. Much better!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    They fit very well. I got lenslab, too but decided to order here in germany because of several options (warranty, quality, delivery time).

I make some pics in the evening.

12. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ah, could you compare these two, or did you never ordered at vr lenslab?

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No. I never ordered there.

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Voila

Attached Files:

15. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    OK, thank you. Looks much better than mine here. My Problem is, that they are really loose. If I get my headset off, I have to push them down.

But it seems, that the height of yours are much more. Is there no contact with eyebrows?

16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    There is an easy contact. Not very hard. In general no problem for me. They are fix. No need to push them down by handling the rift.

• Like Like x 1
  17. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I see only mirror in vr. Nothing else. Anyone have same problem?

18. Born2BSlow

Born2BSlow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I've had the game for a while but haven't really got around to driving. Picked up all the content in the sale but I'm struggling to get it working in VR. I have followed the instructions, low GFX settings, -vr launch parameter, asw enabled in steamvr. The game starts, and I hear the menu music, but just black screen. Any ideas? I have a 1080ti & 8600k @4.7GHz 16GB Ram

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with "only Mirror"? That you only view backwards while having the VR-Headset on?
    hm, I've never encountered such a problem. Is your Cockpit-Cam active? Maybe scroll through the views and when you are definitely in Cockpit-View, press the Reset-VR button.

A common problem is, that the viewing-direction is not correct. The Menu opens somewhere out of your view. So you need to assign a button in the controler-settings first, where you can reset the VR-Position. Than start the game again in VR-Mode and press that button after the game has started...

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    what @m.bohlken said and you can also add "monitor" to the launch parameters (like "-vr monitor") so you have the game mirrored on the screen and can assign the button vor VR reset in the options.

• Agree Agree x 2