Option to not sort cars by classes in multiclass races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LRK-racer, Nov 5, 2019.

1. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see an option to not sort cars by their classes in multiclass automatically. In the real VLN for example, the starting grid is only determined by qualy time, so sometimes GT4 and TCR cars might be mixed. Right now the game will sort different classes strictly, and that can be frustrating when you e.g. drive a GT4 car and do a faster qualy time than some TCR cars.

At the same time, blue flags that are shown just because the car behind is from a faster class but on the same lap, should be disabled too. Because right now AI may overtake cars of a faster class, but will immediatly let the faster car pass again, creating a traffic jam behind the slowest car of the faster class.

Also an "Overall results" screen after the race (next to the class results) would be a great addition.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Agree with this suggestion 100%.
    I like to run gt3 and the old wtcc series together and whilst the wtcc aren't at the top of the field they do run mid to rear of the gt3 class in qualifying. Rear of the grid becomes a bit of a cluster f@#% in the race due to wtcc passing gt3 cars then immediately getting a blue flag.
    Wonder if @J-F Chardon could shed some light on the subject and if something like OP suggestion is in the pipeline.

3. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I also strongly support this idea.

• Like Like x 2
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    If someone did not clock a qualifying time or has no predetermined starting position, would you then place that car right behind the last grid position occupied by another car of the same performance index that does have a laptime?

Or force those to start from pitlane, maybe that makes sense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I would say start from pitlane as my preference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    A pitlane start would probably be the optimum solution, but if that’s not possible (not sure of the AI can handle that yet), I would make those cars start dead last. In VLN/RCN, cars that didn’t qualify are able to join the end of their starting group in the formation lap. Since we don’t have starting groups, the absolute last position of the grid sounds reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Very good idea!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    A little bump for this issue.
    Today I had a little race with the AI - GT4 + TCR, me in GT4 BMW (btw, an exceptional job on that car ;) ). The qualification looked interesting, as it oftentime is with this pairing. GT4 cars in front, with fast TCR cars creeping into the pack.
    But sadly, this did not transform into the race, as the classes were strictly divided for race start.

Also, for some reason, TCR has higher performance index than GT4, so GT4 cars started in the back. Which really ruined the race, as I was able to get through the TCR field, but the GT4 AI was not. Looks like they didn't want to fight TCR cars, as they perceived them as faster, because of the performance index.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Another bump for this old suggestion. I am sure something like this is not high on the priority list, and (as I am no game dev) I don't know how complicated it would be to implement. But it would make VLN type races a lot more fun and immersive.

And I guess it would be nice for online multiclass races too :)

10. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It should be in the next version ;) A new ordering option will be available - Absolute by Class.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Verde_msk

Verde_msk New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Really hope it will be implemented soon...

• Agree Agree x 1