organised multiplayer - psyched!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Jan 14, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    that would explain the price structure... and the sheep

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I like the way some servers in AC do it, which is basically just reward clean laps.it's not perfect at all, but long term it seems to work.

As for paint trading, any impact could be scored by points, based on the force of the impact (with other cars only). Surely the physics have this data already, so if you nail a guy full on , that's max force impact = 100 bad driving points. You trade a little paint or bump the back of someone who broke to early, the impact is less severe, say a 10 on force scale in the latter rear ending scenario, and as low as a 1 for a minor side tap.

As long as it weeds out the true idiots, not so much the mistakes, then I'll be happy.

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Crash fiestas. :D
    Okay, I now have a new favourite expression.
    Bring your own pinĂ£ta. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Idiots or not, people do make mistakes and sometimes they are not so obvious on the flip of that some deliberately nudge bump n bang and would have you beleive its an accident.
    Trading paint as you nicely call it is a given in some series, as long as thats all it is then it should be no issue or penalty, the weight of the collision, speed, position on the track, outside inside attacking defending, as well as driver position, what part of the track, ie - into a braking zone, mid turn (then you have to think, type and speed of the turn) on a str8, so many variables to factor in..........i dont pity someone, whereas formula cars any kind of contact would be a big nono.
    Where and how do you draw the line?

5. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes its not easy. I remember a race on Hungaroring with DTM. The fast right in Sector 1, you dont need to break or with DTM even lift. But in that race the guy in front of me did break, i think because he didnt know the track very well, but i crashed with full speed into him because i was too close to avoid the crash. With that impact i would get 100 points (the bad ones). In that case it would be a little bit unfair.
    But better have such a system, with these downsides, than nothing, to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I don't disagree with any of what you say. I just think that over the long term, the system would work out over 4-5 or more races. If a guy is making deliberate contact, there will be more of it and harder vs a driver of same skill level that wants to avoid contact, so it would show in the rating.

If a driver is just hopeless, mistakes or not, that will show too.

If a good driver makes a mistake here n there, a minor tap is not so damaging.

I don't think any system could be accurate over 1 race without a marshall. But over a few races, the law of averages would weed out those causing trouble.

7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    That would be true .... for single player .... online its a bit trickier because of lag, though being able to tell weather he plowed through the field or scraped someone could be done surely. It opens up a lot of cheese possibilities but nothing will be perfect so.

8. jbodin

jbodin Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear that others are excited about the upcoming online multiplayer aspect -- I am VERY excited to see what S3 brings to the table. iRacing has had a monopoly for far too long, and with no real competition, there's been no incentive for them to improve on any shortcomings in their current systems.

I'm hoping that S3 has taken a hard look at what iRacing does with regard to iRating (iR) and Safety Rating (SR) and comes up with something that improves on what iRacing uses all-around. Yes, the iRacing systems DO work, and they work fairly well, but they're FAR from perfect, and there's LOTS of room for improvement, and since S3 is starting from scratch, I'm holding out hope that what they produce will represent at least some improvement over the systems that iRacing has put in place.

Fingers crossed! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Bumping this because I am still excited and optimistic.:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah, but you're *always* excited ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ i was thinking more along the lines of this.....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arligan

Arligan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is this still on table?

14. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Unless the devs are prepared for
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sure, tho there's still many details they have to sort out before this can go public. But certain elements are already being tested behind the scenes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon, I wonder if there is any hope of launching this system yet in 2017?

Thank you.

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No idea, but I'm sure they'd love to bring it on asap.
    Let's see what the summer brings in terms of development progress...

18. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Any one want to bet on the "sooness" of the new system ? my bet would be 3 months. September.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    No, no september here.. I see the word "SOON"!
    untitled_56c2e0dc9606ee3c9f655cca.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1