Osw settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Allister, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Allister

Allister New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I've had my OSW for around 6 months, I have mastered the settings for AC, iRacing, AMS, RF2 and RF1.

I cannot for the life of me get to any point where it feels like I'm driving anything remotely a car and I have spent hour after hour tweaking settings and I'm at my wits end.

By far RRRE has every possibility of being my favourite sim, phenomenal sounds, fantastic roster of cars, great track selection.

I'm sorry if this comes across as a moaning post, it really isn't. I want RRRE to be a phenomenal sim. I'm just struggling here.

Look forward to hearing from the RRRE community, or maybe even the staff.

2. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sector3, are you listening?

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    Sector 3 always listen!
    I am sure once they have the resources available it will be sorted.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I have an AF, so I don't have the power of an OSW but at least i'm direct drive. What I have found is that R3E for some reason has almost zero friction/dampening built into it. That makes the wheel very jerky and provides some odd feedback.

I would stick to 100% tire force and use a lot more dampening/friction than you think you should. Start doing that and I think you'll find it gets better. You can also use the Accuforce default as a good starting point for some of those settings.

5. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DD wheels have been around for years now, and are becoming quite common. The time is now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sounds counterintuitive to me, but I'll give it a go.

7. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I have made a good OSW profile starting with the AccuForce preset but, there may be a couple of minor adjustments needed. Most of the tuning is in finding a good balance between the vertical and lateral force effects. I disabled the steering rack effects completely and that cleaned up the odd FFB spikes I encountered.

If your OSW is SimuCube-based, be sure to enable Sine-Wave at about 150% (Direct Input Effect). I also use about .75% friction (other filters) to reduce a slight looseness near center and add a bit more resistance.