other experiences servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oppolo, Jan 27, 2016.

1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    why are they all time empty? I have DTM2013, DTM 2015 and ADAC 2014...all time empty.
    then, for example, I see a DTM 2015 server open on raceroom experience, what's the meaning of opening such a server in raceroom, without DTM 2015 rules neither DRS, instead on DTM 2015 experience?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    DRS should function as intended on any server, other than that most people enjoy only having one place to have to look when trying to find servers. With the ability to use all of these sets of cars on 'regular' R3E servers it just make sense for most people to get this racing in where the people also are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. D_Moriarty

D_Moriarty Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my one and only but essential problem with R3E - in fact, I have never been able to at least try online because I never find a server with a soul. With dtm14, adac14 + wtcc14 in my garage. The latter sometimes pops up with a couple of folks, but always with tracks that I hate and/or don't own.

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Because DTM2015 cars can be bought separately from DTM experience, for those who (like me) enjoy driving theses car but don't bother so much about the full experience (like doing a full championship season, etc)
    Because DTM experience is tight to it's one track selection (linked to the real DTM season tracks), witch allow to drive DTM15 on tracks you wouldn't be able in DTM Experience
    Because you can mix the cars with other classes (dtm14 and DTM15, for wathever reason, but also ADAC with GTR3, etc)
    Because you can apply the DTM rules like DRS and mandatory pit-stop in R3E server, it's only a choice to make on the server.
    Because DTM has it's own standalone thing, but Raceroom stay to be the core of the game.

The only thing that's make me sad about DTM15 servers in R3E is the lack of diversity in the track choice. It's always the same: Hockenheim... Nurb... Hockenheim... Nurb.. Nurb... Hockenheim .. and sometimes it's the Nurb...

Yesterday I fired up a DTM15 on Bathurst on my own server, it's a blast to drive theses car on this track, but we were only 4 at the start when on the same evening there were almost full grid in a Hockenheim server :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Has DRS the same rules, as respectyve DTM experiences, in raceroom experiences? Because between DTM 2015 and 2013...I don't have 2014....they are different.in the ADAC 2014 there should be a antiwreck system becoming a ghost...never tried because servers are all time empty

6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Server side you can choose between DTM2013, DTM2014, DTM2015, ADAC2014 and custom/R3E rules

So it's only a matter of what the server admin has selected ;)

If I'm not mistaken, DTM 13/14 DRS can only be used once by lap, DTM15 can use it more often (since you're in the DRS gap while crossing the start/finish line)

Edit, Checked:
    Yep that's it.
    DTM14 and before: once per lap with a 2sec gap
    DTM15 : 3 times par lap, with only 1sec gap.

Having played DTM15 on R3E lobby (with DTM15 rules), this is what you have ;)

7. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the whole concept of experiences is due an overhaul. I would prefer to see a single hub for all online play, with everyone who owns a car of the class having access to online with experience specific rules. Then in single player it would be enough to apply the experience rules to a race season when desired.

We don't really need complete interfaces for each experience.

8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Seems that it's wath is going to happen in the futur.
    They were tight by a licensing deal for DTM Experience, but as we saw with DTM2015, DTM cars are no more exclusives to the experience. So the whole experience thing might fade away.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You forgot Redbull Ring :rolleyes:
    Well atm guess the Wintercup is responsible for highly frequented DTM standard tracks like Hockenheim but yes : ppl like to follow routines, many might be too lazy to check out other tracks (or have no time to so), others are only fast at those tracks and might fear to lose their face when sucking there (goddamned vanity paired with over-ambition lol). And another group surely consists of realism fanatics who want to do it like the professionals do...no matter how boring the outcome might be :) :p

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Make them ride Zandvoort then !
    Or Moscow .. or Oschersleben... or Lausiztring (even is the 2 lasts one are not my fav. ...)

11. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks. Next time I'll check the rules of servers inraceroom exp