Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Did you manage to fix this as I have the beeps but no radar.
    I am using in VR with the CC option to run the overlay

2. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    same here no radar from what i saw. But havent tried to get back ok yet either

3. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Been having the same problem for quite some time.
    even when I press Shift& Space no change. Started with CC and with exe. nothing works. Only the tire data is displayed.

4. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i mean opacity of the transparent box/background, thanks for the response

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I tried this out today and while it is a great tool, it is affecting FPS far too much, like the original custo HUB since the December update e.g. 20 FPS less when running even in low performance mode. Is there any way it can be further optimised for the latest game version?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Did this issue start for you since the update? I remember it working a week before the December update launched.
    Is there any way to reset the HUD or something?

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we should be accusing the HUD of being solely responsible for performance issues. Some have had issues ever since the webHUDs were first released, and as far as I know we've never really found out why. People with systems better than mine have issues, whereas I've had none whatsoever. Runs fine for me, even in VR, both before and after that patch.

8. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Mine definitely isnt giving me performance issues but the HUD itself has elements that are frozen and dont move like the Motec being stuck showing 2nd gear and 65mph but it does flash green when i need to shift into the next gear.

9. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I have not had any problems with the hud myself, works very well. The only thing I may do different than others, I clear all the data between sessions.

10. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Got the problem since the December update, just the tire gauge and fuel and the curve names.
    Maybe more users of OtterNas3 should donate for the WebHud, because I don't think OtterNas3 can do everything at its own expense.
    And yes I made a donation right after the WebHud appeared.

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't think money is the issue here, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that developing OtterHUD is not OtterNas's main profession, and that receiving a few donations is not going to make him give up that main profession to put more time into this. :rolleyes:

What is clear from the responses here is that these performance issues are not directly related to this particular HUD itself. If they were then everybody would be getting the same issues, but they're not. If it was solely down to system resources then it would be restricted to those on lower-end systems, but it's not. So whatever is causing this is at least in part due to something on the system it's being run on. Whether that's the hardware, the OS, the background apps, the in-game settings or whatever else, I don't know. But expecting OtterNas to be able to diagnose these problems when the only system he has direct access to is his own is unrealistic.

It's up to those reporting the problem to provide full details of the issues and of their own setup and system so that we can try and work out if there is a common theme. It would also be helpful if people try a few basic fixes of their own... reinstalling the HUD from scratch, disabling anti-virus apps, disabling other background apps, reinstalling the game, etc etc. Help OtterNas help you. Simply saying "it runs like crap" doesn't help anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    FWIW, seems to work fine for me as well, at least for the gauges I use. I just wish the font be adjustable again.

What data is it that you clear, CC? Otherwise, which/where?

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  14. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Goffik, you mentioned "reinstalling the HUD from Scratch". Is there a way to do that somehow? I did it a while ago and from what I remember you just point the website in the steam launch parameters, to the website that we were given (the new one at least), and if you want it to autostart the HUD, just check it off in CrewChief. From before the RaceRoom update, it was working fine. Now the gauges are stuck for me after I pointed the link to the new one. I didnt change anything else, but was I supposed to do something different?

15. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    check/click clear all stored data, and confirm the delete by clicking yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  16. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

I start the hud and raceroom together with a bat file, works well enough if a person does not use CrewChief.

@Echo off

start /d "D:\Racing Games\RaceRoom Racing Experience\dash" dash.exe

start /d "D:\Portables\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game" RRRE.exe

17. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom newly installed and the Otterhub goes

18. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    so your otter hud doesnt work either? Do you see the HUD parts at all?

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Only guessing but his post might be a translation from german that ended up a bit too literal and he actually wanted to say that after reinstalling r3e the otterhub works again

20. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Understood. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.