HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But my Hud parts run all, after the new installation.
    With kind regards Pit54

2. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    it wasnt working before and now you uninstalled/reinstalled Raceroom, and the Custom otter HUD works?

3. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  4. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    All the settings for the hud are stored in a folder in your profile ( link below). I save all my profiles for every game to self extracting rar files, so if I ever need to reinstall any game or even windows all my settings are preserved.

Also in my experience the hud does not play well with simhub crewchief and other similar programs, I have had problems with both in the past. I have a little 7 inch monitor I love to use with simhub in racing games, but with the hud I don't use it. If I want to use it to watch lap times and other information during replays, I just turn the hud off.

C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache\Local Storage\leveldb

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Temperature values on tires barely move in Audi quatro

6. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Howdie,

wenn ich das OtterHud benutze, werden mir Verwarnungen nicht mehr angezeigt.

Was muss ich den Einstellen um das zu ändern?

7. F1Silverstone99

F1Silverstone99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Ive been running the HUD for a while but I have 1 thing im unsure of. How do I change the image logo ontop of the timing tower? I have downloaded the ones on this forum from imgur but i dont know what folder they go in to change the logo URL on the in game HUD??

Attached Files:

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just to balance things up a bit..... I run otterhud on my pretty poor system, along with simhub, second monitor and crewchief all active at the same time and I've had no issues at all with it....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to download the logo, just copy and paste the url of the one you prefer. You can try one of the two below if you like, just to make sure it works for you.

https://i.imgur.com/nND1Zrg.png

https://i.imgur.com/OfkkDjn.png

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  10. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Moin, ich glaube unter Spieleinstellungen musst du bei Einblendungen (weiß nicht mehr genau wie das heißt) von "keine Anzeige" auf "nur wichtige" umstellen.

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Silverstone99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

12. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    You can use anyone of the logos, from the link below. But I am sure others can be found also, you could also make one of your own if you want to. Same size saved in png format would do the trick, I would think.

https://imgur.com/a/UWzCrqB

13. F1Silverstone99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Right click any image from the link I posted, and click copy image location should work. You can also right click any image and select view image and then just copy the url in the address bar. Paste ether or into the hud and you should be good to go.

15. F1Silverstone99

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks. done and selected the GT series logo

Attached Files:

16. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Looks good, glad it worked out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'd also like to be able to change opacity of the widget background. Personally I'd prefer them to be opaque - I can't see anything useful through the transparent boxes (i.e. car interior or track) and it would be easier to read the text if it was on an opaque background.

Edit: maybe the desire for improved clarity and legibility comes from the fact I'm racing in VR.

Really nice job overall though - I've just switched over to OtterHud and and massively impressed so far!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  18. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 . Love this hud. Wondering if it is at all possible to add competitor (either ai or MP) total pitstop time to the hud? Maybe incorporated into the TV Tower hud section like in the pic. I personally like to do long races and I find it helps to know what time my opponents do in the pits so I know if I can get 2 or 4 tyres etc.

egl8l0hm65.png

Just a thought, but love the hud nevertheless.

19. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    excellent work, very very good. Thank you

20. AnToN_CheZ

AnToN_CheZ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just finally started using the webhud. It's such an awesome feature to have all these apps at your disposal. I wish this was the case for other sims. AC sort of set the benchmark early on for things we should be able to access during a race and have it all placed exactly how we want.

I've skipped though the thread hoping to find out if there was ever a keybind issued to show/hide the HUD? I race in VR and really only use the HUD info every now and then, never have it showing full time. I am fine with using a joy2key like program to get the keybind from the keyboard to the rim, but having to use the mouse out on track to show/hide isn't very practical for people who only use the HUD at certain times.

• Like Like x 1