Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Watching the second video at 2:02 it shows how you put the proper hud address in the Raceroom properties section of Steam for the game start up. What address do you have? The one for Otterhud should point to that location on start up. Maybe you have the address for sector3hud?

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The address must be wrong, because the HUD in the first picture is definitely not the current version of OtterHUD. Go back to the first post and go through the instructions again, making sure you have the address right. It's at the very top of the post.

3. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I cannot see penalties, it really should be displayed

4. theboss.wr

theboss.wr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much. Question how do I get this to show up in replay

5. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, at this point you need to keep the penalties and lap invalidation notifications as part of the default hud. You get these messages when you switch the default hud into "essentials only" mode. You can then move around these components not to intersect with the OtterHud. This is the way I set it up for myself - the flag, drive through and the map are part of the original HUD, just scaled and moved to align seamlessly with OtterHud components.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You can't. OtterHUD displays real-time data provide by the game. That data steam is not active in replays.

Regarding penalties, an alternative is to use Crew Chief. It will tell you when you get a penalty and how long you have to serve it.

7. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello, boys,
    I have a problem with the Hud when I change the car the Hud is very small so everything is in view.
    How can I move the Hud in Vr so I can set everything up so that the indicators are on the dashboard or on the left and right side of the steering wheel.
    Thanks for your answers

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Go to Control Settings => Edit Assignments. Under the VR section you'll find "Increase/Decrease HUD Distance" functions. Assign keys to those and you can make the HUD as big/small as you like. :cool:

9. Pit54

Pit54 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks,
    ...I had a plank to my head. Keys were busy.

10. DaveS

DaveS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if this has already been posted and addressed but I can't figure out how to change the Fuel display to show gallons instead of liters.

11. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    How do I get the gear shift/speedometer indicator to read correctly. Here I am in the Stowe pits going 65 mph in second gear parked. Tired what I know, reboot the computer, reinstall Otterhud etc. Tired to take everything off of RR's hud display. Now I need help.
    gear shift.jpg

"Nash"

12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Don't you have "show all widgets" active?

13. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! No, I put on only what I need.

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Can you make a screenshot of your WebHUD configuration page?

15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  16. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Well, you clearly have "show all widgets" button active, just like I mentioned three posts above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you need to click on "Show All Widgets" again to deactivate this option. It makes all widgets show up with fake data so you can position them because some widgets only appear under certain circumstances which makes it hard to prepare their position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    reset Otterhud.jpg

When I had to redo Steam, RR, & Otterhud there was no Otterhud in Windows 10 Programs and features. So, I simply deleted the Otterhud folder and went to the Otterhud thread and redownload the file again. Is it possible that I uninstalled Otterhud by not doing it correctly and missed some files or something in the registry etc in other places in the computer. Is it possible that one file or string is in conflict with another leaving Otterhud frozen? I clicked the reset/show all widgets button and drove the car and still frozen.
    Nash

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The settings are stored in the browser cache of the game. You could delete the cache folder to reset it, you can find it in your Documents folder under the following path: "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache"

20. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Is this the best way to uninstall and reinstall Otterhud? Or do they have a uninstall feature? Then go to the Otterhud Thread to reinstall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.