Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    OtterHud can't really be uninstalled because it's actually only a web page. When you delete the cache folder, all saved settings in OtterHud are reset. So I think you should go for it.

2. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So Otterhud is a overlay web page on top of RR?

To be clear if I understand you. Delete the cache folder and Otterhud should reset. So I do not need to delete dash, dash zip, etc
    "Nash"

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, basically OtterHud is a web page with transparent background that is laid over the game.

Yes, you don't need to delete the dash folder etc. because no settings are saved there.

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks majuh

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Sill problems. It worked for a day and then freeze again. Went back to the cache folder, cleared the sub cache folder and it was still frozen. Went running around the track. Saw sub folders Cache, GPUcache, Local Storage and files of cookies, cookies journal, DevToolsActivePort, Visited links. Still confused. Do I delete all folders & files under BrowerData/Cache? I only deleted everything out of the sub folder cache. Left everything else alone. Give me/us details. It's how I/we learn.

Thanks for your patience

"Nash"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think you should delete all the files and subfolders in BrowserData\Cache that you listed.

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Stowe_6_5_20.jpg

Still problems # 2. I deleted all of the BrowerData/Cache. RR took 25 mins to rebuild those folders and files. So, I went to Stowe south to begin a run. This snapshot is before I begin the run. RR believes that I have already competed 6 laps ect, Second gear at 65 mph which keeps flashing red and white. States the brakes are on etc (which is over a week back). There has to be a memory somewhere we are missing. Everything from BrowerData sub folders on down was deleted. Rebooted the computer etc. RR's graph in the lower right states that I am in neutral gear, which is correct. I am not touching nothing. Have not gone anywhere. It's got a name talking to me on the radio etc which is old info. What do you want me to try next?

"Nash"

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    RR_t_150.jpg

t-150 B.jpg

T-150 G.jpg

I didn't get out of the pits. Wheel is disconnected, but it is showing it's working. But I/we are learning. Maybe what not to do, but we are learning. Isn't racing fun? What next?

"Nash"

9. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Can you take the screenshot of your otterhud setting again?

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Wheel L.jpg

Wheel R.jpg

RR_t_150.jpg
    t-150 B.jpg
    T-150 G.jpg

I didn't get out of the pits. Wheel is disconnected, but it is showing it's working. But I/we are learning. Maybe what not to do, but we are learning. Isn't racing fun? What next?

"Nash"

11. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Can you go into otterhud setting in the game, take a screenshot and upload it? Not sure how the wheel settings would be related to the otterhud problem.

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hud setting.jpg

After I deleted all those Folders & Files anything possible.

13. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That's what I though. Man, three times we told you where the problem is, and you STILL have the button active.

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey Panvlk, I have push "Show all widgets" several times. I have push "reset settings "several times. Can you take a picture and show me what you are talking about. Show me what it should look like in the picture? The car just sits and idles now.

Thanks for your patience.

"Nash"

15. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You have to turn the "show all widgets" off. To not have it highlighted green. Just push it once.

16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the button "Show All Widgets" should be renamed to "Show Fake Data" so it's clearer what it actually does.

17. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I am still working on getting my wheel to work. See Community Support.

"Nash"

18. José Rafael Alvarez

José Rafael Alvarez New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi, it´s the hud working on VR? thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes it works in VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Michael Fulford

Michael Fulford New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. I’m having a weird glitch happen. This is in conjunction with Crew Chief and it happens whether I run direct through CC or if I run dash.exe separately.

I’ll be driving along and the system will flash to CC for a brief second then flick back to R3E but half the widgets will be gone (tyre temp, lap time widget etc.) and the CC voice will stop working. I don’t know if this is a CC issue or an otterhud issue but it clearly is connected? Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.