Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It is only shown when there is actually Fuel-Usage enabled in the Session

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    This is a wonderful app and really helps take R3E to the next level, IMO. Thank you for all your hard work in keeping this going and improving.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is really great thank you.
    I am just getting back into raceroom after a long break and the default HUD is god awful.
    Now Its beautiful Thx : )

4. Jazqa

Jazqa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you guys keep track of your traction control? As far as I know, there's no widget that'd display the traction control setting as it's being adjusted.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have it on my simhub dash. The information is there in the shared memory so if the app creator chooses to add it then it will be available..

6. Jazqa

Jazqa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, shouldn't be too difficult. @OtterNas3, there's no human-readable code in Github, so I suppose this isn't open source and I need to build it on top of Sector3's Web HUD?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Miklos21

Miklos21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whenever I start the file which detects if the game is running or not, windows firewall always sends me a message that if I wanna use private or public network to run it. Which one is recommended?

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I uploaded the current state of the OtterHud v1.2 to my Github

NOT THE FINAL VERSION
    THIS IS JUST FOR TESTING! THE HUD WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE NORMAL URL ONCE ITS FINISHED!

So if someone want to test, change your Game startup Parameter for the Hud to:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otternas3.github.io/dev/

Feedback is welcome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Changelog:

GENERAL
    • Data updated for the missing Cars since v1.17
    • Complete rework of the Settings Page for better visibility and rearrangement for gaining space
    • Hotkey SHIFT+DOWNARROW (Which was reset Layout previous) is used for turning ON/OFF the Widgets-Test-Mode from now on
    • "SHOW ALL WIDGETS" got renamed to "WIDGETS-TEST-MODE" for better understanding the purpose
      It will now show a warning when enabled, to disable it again in the Settings or by pressing SHIFT+DOWNARROW
    • A Warning will now be shown when a User paused the UI by pressing SHIFT+SPACEBAR
    • When WIDGETS-TEST-MODE is active, all Widgets will show something for their options now
      Sou you can immediately see what would be shown or not from the option selected
    • HUD Icons, such as Settings/Eye(Visible/L1/L2/L3 will now only be shown if you move your Mouse for a certain Distance
      This will hopefully solve the appearing Icons for some Drivers, when their Rig/Table is shaking a bit, which results in a slight Mouse movement
    • Resetting a complete Layout, in the Settings Menu, will now ask you to confirm the reset by clicking the button again - Should prevent accidently resetting of Layouts
    • Each Widget can now also be reset to Default, individually!
    • Layouts can now be copied/shared!
      Select the Layout you want to copy/share and press SHIFT+F1, this will copy the Layout-Settings to your Clipboard.
      You can now paste that wherever you want. In a Message to a Friend, to a Text file or just to another Layout
      To copy it to another Layout, just select the Layout and then "Paste" the Layout-Settings by pressing CTRL+V (STRG+V)
      If you send the Layout to a Friend, he only needs to select the full text and then do the above to save it to a Layout
    • On GRID-FORMATION the Hud will pause itself now, showing a timer when the Race will be forced to start
      This should prevents the blinking in the beginning
      Once the Grid is formed the HUd will show as usual, so you wont miss the Starting Lights - Dont worry :)
    • Various cleanup/testing/debugging to get all the new features in, while not killing the Performance, and remove some of the reported misbehaviour of the HUD

WIDGETS UPDATES

Track Info

• Track/Layout/Corner Names update for new Content since 1.17
    Fuel
    • Per Lap is now showing 2 decimals
    • Total Fuel left is now showing 1 decimal
    Race Info (Still not a viable replacement for Game Essentials as it cant show the SlowDown time in numbers, due to lacking Data in the API (sorry)
    • Will show Penalty Reasons now
    • Will show you how many laps you have left to serve a Stop&Go or DriveThrough Penalty
    • Will show changes to Car Electronics, like Engine Map, Traction Control, Brake Bias
    • Will show a message if you requested a Pit-Stop
    • Removed the Fuel Warning
    Inputs
    • Update rate for this Widget is always highest to have a smoother look on lower performance setting
    • Old Round steering Wheel got replaced with a more modern variant
    • Show Numbers - You can show the raw input numbers of your pedals now
    Motec
    • Blinking for Activated Pit-Limiter will only show if the Engine is running
    • Show Electronics - This will show the current set values for: Engine Map, Engine Breaking, Traction Control and Brake Bias - If available (Player Car only)
      For this the Gear Font and size was changed, the size will be larger if no Electronics are shown
    Overtaking Aids
    • Completely redone this Widget
    • Design was changed so it now is a Single Box that will show DRS & P2P if the Car supports it
      This was needed to show both, DRS & P2P, for the DTM 2020 Class
      And to be fair the old one was a mess for positioning...
    Pitstop
    • Adressed the Minimum Pitstop time
      If there is a minimum Pitstop Time set on the Server, it will show this with higher priority then Pitstop Time Remaining
    • Changed the Pit-Window display to a fixed Position on the top Right
      It will be shown in the same Colors now as the Display from the TV-Tower Widget
    Position Bar
    • Session-Time info was changed to the same look as the TV-Tower to better match the overall look
    • Show Strength of Field - Will show the SoF (Average Rating of all Drivers) - Only available in Multiplayer
    • Show Last-Lap - Will show your Last-Lap - Colors change if Personal/Class/Overall Best
    • Show Best-Lap - Will show your Best-Lap in the current Session (not saved)
    • Show Incident-Points - Will show the current Incident Points and the maximum allowed on Server
      Turns Red when reached 90% of the allowed Incident Points
      Only available in Multiplayer
    • Show Pit-Times - This will show Timers for each Driver when they enter the Pits (Race Session only)
      PIT-label Background reflects the state as follow
      Blue: Driver entered the pits - First timer will show/start for total time in pits
      Red: Driver stopped on spot - Second timer will show/start for total stop time (Will turn green when Driver accelerates)
      Green: Driver completed the Stop and is Driving towards Pit-Exit
      BLANK: Driver left the Pits - Total time and Stop time will be shown for 7.5 seconds
    • Show Last-Lap-Times - Will show each Drivers Last-Lap-Time for 10 seconds under his name, when crossing the finish line
    Relative
    • Completely redone this Widget
    • Alignment of Elements is more accurate for better look - Specially when turning on/off elements shown
    • Names will not be cut off anymore on the lower part, so a "y" does not look like a "u" anymore
    • Show UserId of Current Driver - This changed to "Show UserId of Drivers" and will now show the UserId of all Drivers in the Relative
    • Show Ranking Data - Will show the current Rating/Reputation of each Driver in the Relative - Only available in Multiplayer
    Spotting
    • Increased the Range for shown Cars in Proximity
    • Radar will only show Cars that are on the same Part of the Track
      This means, if youre in the PIT-Lane it will not show Cars passing by outside the PIT-Lane and vice versa
      It will also not show Cars anymore that pass close by on another part of the Track, like Norisring
      where Cars pass in close proximity on the other side of the Barrier
    • Warn Front - By default the Spotting app will not show Cars in front of the Driver anymore, as it is not really needed
      With this option enabled you can regain that functionality
    Tires
    • Regarding the Tire-Flatspots
      Unfortunately there is no reliable way of showing the actual Condition of the Tire
      As i mentioned before the API only reflects a "flatspot = 1" if the specific part of the tire is touching the Track
      Once it passed it goes to 0 again until the next rotation, or another flatspotted part of the Tire
      Problem here is the needed updates to check that Number all the time
      From a certain point of rotations per second, this number would be needed to check impossible fast, it would kill any performance
      And a simple "yep there is a flatspot but i dunno how bad it is" seems a information noone needs.
    • Tire-Puncture indicator - Tire will blink Red if you have a Puncture - When "Show Inner & Outer" is enabled, it shows a Picture
    TV Tower
    • Show Pit-Window Info - This will show/hide the relevant Pit-Window informations
    • Show Pit-Times - See Position Bar
    • Show Last-Lap-Times - See Position Bar
    • Show Ranking Data - See Relative
    • Show Incident Points - Will show the current number of Incidents and the maximum allowed on Server, for 5 seconds when the counter raises
    Position Bar / TV Tower / Relative
    • Relative timings changed massive!

The Relative timings are now calculated from stored Lap-Data
      Each Track/Layout was lapped with a Porsche GT3 Cup, as it is somewhere "In the middle" of the Performance-Index
      This Lap-Data is now used to calculate time differences between the Cars
      Once the Player completes a valid Lap on his own, for the current Track/Layout-Car Combination, that data will be used instead
      This results in way more accurate and stable relative times
      The User's Lap is only stored in the Memory, so it is lost once the HUD shuts down.
      As example in SinglePlayer, when you hit ESC to pause the Game, or in Multiplayer when you go back to the Garage
      When the User-Data is lost this way it falls back to the default stored Data instead
      (Driving each Track & Layout for this was very time consuming, but hey i got better with the GT3 Cup ^^)
    Any feedback regarding bugs, missbehaviour or "This feature is missing badly!" is much appreciated!
    If no major comes up, i will release this Version end of the Month to the normal HUD website.

Moo,
    Otter

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  9. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I tested your webhud and i think it is awesome. Very detailed and quite intuitive.

But may I ask you a question? If I translate it for brazilian portuguese, would you implement it? I won't charge for the translation, so don't worry about it, but I would be glad to be credited for it.

Follows a sample of a translation I done on the earlier version of your webhud.

Kind regards.

Ricardo V. Soares Webhud sample.png

10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure, why not! Still need to do the translation for German and French anyway
    Lemme finish the HUD itself first, then i will get in touch with you, as the Translation can be easily done afterwards

• Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi @OtterNas3 update looks good. I've got a request, and it's quite a big one so feel free to tell me to get lost....

Would it be possible to make all the individual elements of the position bar moveable, I only use a few of them but currently they are restricted in their positioning as the have to be in the same place relative to the rest of the bar. Eg I currently only use session time remaining, and I have it positioned bottom left. I'd like to have the Inc points on too but I want to choose exactly where to put it....

Another idea stolen from kapps hud on iracing, on the relative box they have a bar at the top which shows some data. Session time/laps remaining. Inc points and SOF for example. Having that as an option would be great as I could turn a lot of other widgets off then.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    images.png
    Like this

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your prompt response. I'll be waiting for your contact.

Regards.

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    That would need a complete redo of the HUD, tbh.
    I will have a look into it, but i'm pretty sure this would take a hughe effort and time, as i can't work on the HUD all the time.

Never really wanted to copy someone else, and the relative is a, erm, relative!
    That would be more of a Race-Info-Box! Relative would need a bounding box for this, as it shifts alot.
    Background and such, not sure if everyone would like that, me personally not really.
    But i can make some tests and see how it would look!
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update. You have it like a beta. Do you think it's a problem to use it in the next league race? Could it cause game crash or something like that or what do we have to expect of there are any problems?

16. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Only problem i see is that some values get wonkey, but it would never crash the game!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I tried your new Beta-Version today and am really excited. It look really nice and the new widgets are super.
    I have one little question: Would it be possible to show the PIT-Times in the positionbar a bit longer? Maybe long enought till all opponents resolved their stops or probably till the end of the race? For me it is shown to short to really get the pit-time of all my opponents.

18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I found it really distracting when it was shown all the time, but i could make it a optional feature.

• Like Like x 2
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and as a suggestion a marker on who has pitted already until the end of the race? A simple thin line beyond the name or something like that?

• Like Like x 1
  20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Would that do it?
    Will only be shown, if Mandatory-Stop is needed and once the Pit-Window opens, then until Race-End
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.