Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Please don't.

2. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I really like the hud, thanks for your great work and support. As you say if we don't ask we never know :D, I would like to ask if it would be possible to change colors on the gear number. I mean, some original cars dashboards are white same as the gear number (before it changes to green and then red as rpm go up), so actually sometimes we don't see it very well. Just 2 or 3 colors would be enough, original white, orange and blue for example.

3. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I hope this question involves only a short *takes a deep breath*; is there any way to show the slow-down penalties/time left to give back in your app

Not sure if this is possible or you haven't done so as it is provided through the game essentials display

I got carried away last night and turned all in-game information off so I didn't have duplicate information ( silly boy was then reminded he couldn't see slow down information and got a penalty):):(

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Not possible ATM. There's no info in the API

5. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Will have a look

What @yoori said
    Dev's know about it, and i'm pretty sure the needed Information gets added on the next API update!

6. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Where OtterHud stores the user preferences/config?

7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache\Local Storage\leveldb
    The files in this Folder, holds the settings

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OtterHud version 1.24 is now LIVE

GENERAL

• API changes pushed to the dash.exe
      So if you are using dash.exe instead of the mighty Crew-Chief combination, make sure you download the new dash.exe from the first post!
      Otherwise just update Crew-Chief to the newest Version, the update should be available already!

Widgets

Race Info

• API information for "Next Lap Invalid" adapted
    • Change of Traction Control will now show, also, the Percentage set on the current TC-Preset level
      At the moment this is only available while the Car is moving
      My guess is, that this is not intended, and I'm pretty sure this will be addressed by S3 in the next API update, to make the Information always be available

Inputs

• Steering-Wheel has now a Background aswell, as it was sometimes hard to see in front
      of a light Background

Motec

• Will now show different Status related to Ignition and Engine On/Off
      - While Ignition is Off
      It will basically shut down and shows a "IGNITION" instead to notify the Driver that the Ignition is actually Off
      - While Ignition is On but Engine is Off
      The Electronics will light up (if enabled) and Gear will be visible, Speed and rpm will not be shown.
      Instead it will show "START" to notify the Driver that the Engine is actually not running

• Show TC in percent if available - Instead of the TC-Preset level, it will show the actual set Percentage on that Preset
      Also, like in the Race Info, due to a misstake in the API, this Information is only available when the Car is moving.
      While standing it will show the TC-Preset level instead.

Spotting / Radar

• The Radar will now actually Fade-In/Out in regard of the range to the closest Driver
      This way the Radar will no longer just pop-up anymore, which could have been distracting.
      Driver___12m-16m (Cars Fade-In on the Radar)___16m-20m (Radar/Background Fade-In)

• Radar will now, only in Replays, always show the Cars in Front, no matter the setting of "Warn-Front"
      Problem here is that in Replays the delivered "LapDistance" value in the API is sometimes extrapolated, so it jumps back and forth.
      This has lead to blinking Icons for Cars in the Radar if "Warn-Front" was disabled.
      Once i found a better and reliable way to detect if a Car is literally ahead of the Driver, i will reimplement this feature for Replays.

Fuel & Lap Details
    • It is now possible again to use the Fuel-Calculator while the UI is LOCKED

--------------------------------------------------- CHANGELOG END ---------------------------------------------------

As always if you encounter any sort of problems, feel free to post here.
    Also for suggestions about new/missing stuff, keep posting.
    If i dont Answer here, be sure that i always read the posts, but sometimes just can't answer due to Real life and Work!

Hope you like the update, enjoy!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Great, thanks.

I hope you can tell is soon that we can disable the original HUD because the API and your HUD covers everything.

10. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Always get this message on Hillclimbs or Nordschleife Tourist

78d76084a3bfcbb0c53d107c5f63027a.png

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    What information is left that you lose by disabling the in-game HUD? I've had it completely disabled since the new and improved OtterHUD and can't think of anything I'm missing. Even before that, the only part of the in-game HUD I wanted was the race info.

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Is the slowdown time in there now? Think that was the only major one missing

13. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Not at the moment, I think. Because its not implemented in the API-Data from RRRE, but S3 is working on it.

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is "The one" thing really missing, but Devs know about it now, they thought it was already in there.
    It wasn't a promise but i'm sure they will implement it when the next API update hits the Road

15. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Oh i think that's because you never Finish a lap, basically on Hillclimb and Tourist.
    Will have a look if i can implement a quick check for these Tracks, to not show the message :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Ah, we don't use slow-downs so I don't "miss" that info.

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hey Otter, just wanna say big thanks for your efforts so far (coole Sache, digga :) )

• Like Like x 4
  18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I like the older method of update better incase of every time install it again
    Sorry

19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It has nothing todo with the HUD if you need to update the dash.exe or not.
    IF Sector3 decides to update the API, you need to make a new version of the dash.exe, otherwise you cant pull the Data out of the API anymore cause of a mismatch!

20. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, this is new for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.