Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Mate, it didn't even occur to me since I only ever stream online races, and 99% of those are for R3E. I use the broadcast tool with Scout's excellent overlay for TV cams, and for first-person I just captured the Oculus mirror. I knew OBS supports overlays and such, but didn't realise it could be an active HUD.

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 This is an amazing tool you got here, that answers a lot of needs/questions during a race. Loving it and even send you a donations via Paypal. The problem I have with it is that it creates stuttering at the moment. I have the most powerful PC and GPU money can buy at the moment, and get 120 FPS at 5120 x 1440 single monitor easily at all times, except when I run your add-on in multiplayer or when a few cars are on the track with me. Single car works perfect.

Do you have other tips that you can share that would address this issue? Reduce the number of visible items that you display in your add-on? etc??

3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried the different performance options?

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    You beat me to it :) I just tried and it's better now...but I think it actually had to do with the "objects outside the track", I put them to low and it seems to have made a drastic difference. Not sure why with an RTX 3090, 32 GB RAM, 10 CPU cores, etc...I would even experience this micro-stuttering when the GPU is at 65% and CPU 3%. That is why I can't wait for a DX11 or DX12 update to distribute the load across cores and benefit from more modern APIs.

The good news is that by turning down bunch of things, this browser based UI seems to be perfect now. I wish all racers would install it to avoid collision using the amazing radar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  5. x26111

x26111 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great MOD!

I often get the "you are using old version" error. The new version
    never gets loaded automatically, the next time I start the game.

Please add a version number to the dash.zip filename to help out with this.
    Like this: dash-v1.24.zip or something.

I never know which one I have downloaded.

Thanks!

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Crew Chief.

7. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I really dont understand the issue here?
    If Sector3 does changes to the API i must create a new dash.exe, that you have to download again.
    Usually this happens not really often, but as we wish for more features and stuff implemented in the Hud and the API, i'm glad they do it now a bit more often!

And if your not having the correct Version, it even tells you in the game now, that your dash.exe is outdated.
    [​IMG]

A version number on the exe file will not help against it, and is just unnecessary :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think some people don't completely understand that they don't need dash.exe if they run crew chief. Maybe I'm wrong.

btw thank you for this wonderful piece of work you have created for us all.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If people actually bothered to try reading the very clear information available in the very first post then it wouldn't be an issue. But people are too lazy to read more than one line these days, as it proven time and time again.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. frank Tennant

frank Tennant New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Love this program, Its saved my ASS in RaceRoom so many times Ive lost count. As I'm now playing ACC a lot more now, is there an option to run this HUD in that game please?
    The radar in ACC sucks so badly, it really needs help! Yours is the best by a mile!

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not planned, sorry

12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy to announce that the dash.exe has a auto-update feature now!
    So next time you donwload the dash.exe it will be the last time :)

So you can do something more important in the 1 minute it would take to do it manually, when the message shows up!

~where did i put my barbies... damn it~

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Need some help on some terms in Otterhud

(1)In the position bar, what does "Show strength of field" mean and how is it used?

(2) in the Relative and TV tower bars," Show ranking data". Does that mean as the race goes along everyone's ranking is being updated during the race?

Thanks

"Nash"

14. RedMajestic

RedMajestic New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It just shows a number of the average ranking of all drivers in the current race

no, the ranking only got updated after a race has finished. Did you ever kicked out of ranked race, for example because you lost your internet connection or something? you have to wait until the race is finished to see how much points you lost/gained, even if your not in the race anymore.

15. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I love the hud! Thank you. What's this EB next to the gear display? I guess BB is brake bias.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    EM = Engine Map
    EB = Engine Brake
    TC = Traction Control
    BB = Brake Bias

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Pic # 1.jpg

RedMajestic, Thanks for writing, I am still not clear on what you told me on "show ranking data". Never lost full use of Internet in a race. I have DQed out for too many points and RRE sends me back to Pic # 1. Or at the end of the race I find out I got 3 incident points for a disconnect. Which I believe some disconnect happen between my computer and RRE's servers that I could not help. But when I am sent back to Pic #1, I have lost everything like all my Otterhud info, the race etc and do not know how to get it back to look at my Otterhud ranking data etc. I can only go to my profile and look at my ranking data after the race.

Thanks
    "Nash"

18. RedMajestic

RedMajestic New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I´m not sure what you mean by "Otterhud ranking data". Otterhud is using the data from the ranking data in your profile and as far as I know, thats the only data you can look up for your ranked races. I could be wrong though

19. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    RedMajestic, That was, I guess a poor choice of words. I meant get to the "show ranking data" after you are gone from the race from disconnects or be throw out by DQ's etc. If I understand you correctly in reply # 1155, you can get back into Otterhud some how to see "show ranking data" before the race is over and you do not have to go to your profile. I do not know what the "show ranking data" widget looks like.

Thanks
    "Nash"

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It only shows the "current" rating/reputation of each driver in the TvTower/Relative
    It is not for checking you ranking statistics.

OtterHud can only be seen inside the Car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.