HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

The provided "Best Lap" by the api, is only viable after you completed a Lap, while the Fuel & Lap details widget stores that data across Sessions.
    I will have a look, to fallback to the api if no data is set in Fuel & Lap details, or its turned off

Weird, the Fuel is in liters for me in the Garage Menu of the game

The problem here is: SimHub can save data to your Hard-Drive, so it has a hughe capacity to store recorded Laps, laptimes, fuel-usage and such things.
    Meanwhile the OtterHud can only store some crucial Data to the localstoragedb of the Game-Internal Browser.
    The size of that file is very very limited, in other terms: tiny!

To be able to provide Live-Delta, the Hud uses the Data provided by the Game (Live Delta to session best)
    If i would like to show a Live-Delta to a Alltime-Best i would need to record and "save" that lap, in a very specific way. (SimHub does basically the same btw)

A lap around Brno as example, takes around 10k of Spot-Records of LapDistance & LapTime, so you know exactly,
    which time a Driver had at a certain Distance into the round.
    Just this one lap would be larger then the localstorage can hold and therefore fail!

So this will never be a option while keeping the Hud as a WebApp, which lives in Memory alone.
    Only if i move over to a Standalone App like Simhub / Second Monitor ... , with Hard-Drive access to store data, it would be achievable.
    And i really dont wanna go that route, which also would require me learning another Programming language to adapt.
    Did that with React/Javascript/Typescript for the Hud, and i'm still nowhere near a pro.
    And not a programmer after all ^^

2. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No plans todo so, sorry!
    Would love to, dont get me wrong, but I would not even know where to start showing cars positioned around a tiny image :D

3. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I meant programming related :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Strange, maybe because I have chosen MPH for speed - these should be separate option in-game really though, as in the UK we use MPH and Litres!
    I see you have the option to switch MPH and KPH on one of the widgets, could this be an option as well?

Thanks for the detail, understood. As it is right now is totally fine of course.

6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    @Lanius1984
    I included a Fallback for the Estimated Rounds left calculation for the next version of the Hud.

Order will be:
    Driver Stored lap from Fuel & Lap details
    Driver Session best Laptime
    Leader Session best Laptime
    Class Session best Laptime
    best Laptime of the remaining Drivers

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  7. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure it could be a option, will have a look!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, your HUD already gives me a really good option to work around the game's limitation here. I can set the in-game measure to metric (giving me KPH and Litres), and then set your HUD to MPH.

Apart from the in-car gauges reading in KPH, the essentials are then all correct. Thanks for the help.

9. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Problem to determine what a Gallon really is, they seem to be different in Britain and US
    1 L = 0.219969 British Gallon
    1 L = 0.264172 US american liquid Gallon

What's correct then?
    Can hear the complaints already if i use on or the other - meh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think i go with US, more afraid of them :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sir

For a a brief shining moment we had OtterHud in replays... but not since the update.

Me do something wrong?:(

12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No, the new Replay-UI broke it, they looking into it!

13. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I suspected as much - thank you. :D

14. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a little issue when I progress to the next round of a Championship. The 'Fuel and Lap Details' and 'Tyres' widgets won't display at all.

I have to quit and resume the Championship, and then they will both appear. Is there something I have set that might be causing this?

15. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not your fault on settings, and not the fault of the Hud.
    After a bit of testing it seems that the API gets populated with bogus data, if you progress to the next race in a Chanpionship.
    It does not even recognize the Player anymore providing "-1" for the UserId
    I will report this to the Devs!

Moo,
    Otter

[EDIT]
    Report can be found here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/general-chamionship-issue.17210/

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  16. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello.
    I do everything as in the tutorial on the first page, but unfortunately no other hud works for me.
    I tried in VR and on the monitor, the only thing that changes is that when I click DRIVE I can see the window before this selection and I have to press esc to go away, then I can see the way. Maybe I'm making a mistake when unpacking the zip, maybe it needs to be done somewhere specific. 3 YouTube tutorials, a tutorial from the first one and it doesn't work for me. I will do a restart of the computer, because I really do not know why it does not work for me.

17. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I found the cause of the error in myself. The problem was the line that is on the first page and in my case it is too short.
    -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

After changing to such an entry, a new OtherHud appeared
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The fual info isn't correct after the last update, it stil uses info wich was written before the update.
    How can i reset this?

19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You can do that in the settings for the fuel and lap details widget.
    "Clear this combination data" which will only delete the data for the current car/track
    Or
    "Clear all data"

20. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know if it is possible to increase the work area, the size of the board on which we place HUD elements?
    I admit that in VR everything takes me a bit of a dashboard and a part of a window, but I would prefer to have some elements placed in other places.
    The second thing is, in practice and qualifications, I have image cropping and FFB, can it be improved, what's the fault?
    It's strange that I don't have this effect anymore, good, because racing would be bad.