HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. Killg0reNL

Killg0reNL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @axxis278 got the same issue here, stutter every second and the FFB issue. Also tried with lowering the resolution. All did not work, i am gonna try without the otterhud in the startup parameter.

2. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well, from this summer I've been playing with 1280x720 for my miror screen. A few weeks ago, I had to go set back to 1920x1080 for viewing replays, and left it like that. I had no issue for the next races (Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Red Bull), I thought something changed on Ottehud side, but tonight on Brno I had some stuttering, so went back again to lower res.

3. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello @OtterNas3, was hoping you could help me out. First, I really enjoy using OtterHUD! I starting having a issue yesterday where in the afternoon, starting everything as normal when starting CC which launches R3E and OH but when in game, I get the message saying there's a data feed problem. Everything was working fine for weeks before this and even that very morning. I finally disabled my firewall and it worked. Now, today, disabling my firewall doesn't work anymore. Any ideas what may have caused this and how to fix it? I run windows 10. Thanks in advance!

Btw, I also tried running dash.exe and it doesn't help the issue. Also in CC, it shows both websockets opened fine.

4. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Further details on my issue that keeps me from being able to use OtterHUD with R3E. To recap my last message - it worked well for the previous month I've used it but now it hasn't worked for the last week.

Here is everything dash.exe gives me:
    upload_2021-11-3_16-11-55.png
    upload_2021-11-3_16-12-22.png

Here is what Crewchief give me if using it to launch OtterHud:
    upload_2021-11-3_16-19-59.png

I am not using a VPN. This used to happen when I had VPN active but I don't use VPN anymore when racing to keep ping level minimal. The feed would instantly come back if I disabled VPN. Fast forward back to present, I have also tested connecting VPN to different countries to see if that would help. It didn't.

I have the same result with Windows defender firewall with rules to allow both Crew Chief and Dash.exe.
    Same thing if I disable Windows Defender Firewall and use Bitdefender firewall with same allowances.
    Same thing if I disable all firewalls.

upload_2021-11-3_16-11-31.png

Please help as this app is what really makes R3E multiplayer work the best due to all the information it gives on the other players (names, rating, rep), and the radar is great.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Have you still got the steam properties set for Raceroom? ie -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

6. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's still set in there.

7. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also had a problem try this once
    Hello. I found the cause of the error in myself. The problem was the line that is on the first page and in my case it is too short.
    -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

After changing to such an entry, a new OtherHud appeared
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

8. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but that didn't work for me. Other things to try?

9. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My CC settings.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3

Well, after a week and changing nothing, it worked again for one session of R3E but the very next time I launched the game, it's back to not working. Very odd.

I have tried deleting the cache folder, running dash.exe, running crew chief, both with and without the -webdev input string. Like I mentioned above, I have VPN turned off and I've tried with two different firewalls separately and with both off.

I recorded the network traffic and it appears that both dash.exe and crew chief are communicating with the github server; one at IP address 185.199.109.153 and the other at 185.199.110.153. When looking at the packet details, it clearly shows github and otterhud are connected with the communication.

So I'm back to "No Data-Feed detected". At the same time I can run simhub, crewchief, and SecondMonitor which all get data feeds from R3E. I've also tried with them all off, so I can't imagine it's a conflict?

upload_2021-11-6_17-17-40.png

11. Killg0reNL

Killg0reNL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Firewall blocking stuff?

I had some issue's aswell, 'deleting' the raceroom user folder seemed to helped me. (Moved it to another location as i needed the setups i had)

12. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's back working again. My hunch is that deleting the cache folder wasn't quite enough. I had to delete the cache folder, uncheck the WebHud integration box in Crew Chief, run R3E, stop R3E, recheck the WebHud box, then launch R3E again. I say that because once I cycled the checkbox, Otterhud relaunched in R3E as if it was the first time it was ran.

So, deleting the cache folder wasn't enough. It seems R3E has to run with the folder deleted as well as with the WebHud box unchecked in CC first before it will reset everything. At least that's my observation because it didn't work with just deleting the cache folder alone even though R3E was closed when I deleted it.

Hopefully it sticks this time! Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Worked all morning but back to not working after I shut down my computer and fired it up later in the day. Tried what I mentioned above about deleting the cache folder, unchecking the box and so on - Didn't help. Reboot the computer - didn't help.

I wish I knew what was blocking the data feed...

14. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I backup my OtterHud settings? Is there a file I can copy, somewhere?

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's probably best if you back up your whole folder "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience".

16. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've already done that. :) Now I need to find that file to restore it (I'd rather not restore the whole RaceRoom folder).

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You should try restoring the "BrowserData" subfolder then.

18. TakaFuji

TakaFuji New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont know if this suddenly white screen problem happen during ranked race just now related with otterhud

Attached Files:

19. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to increase the size of the Otterhud window? It's like the window of Otterhud is 800x600 but my screen resolution is 1900x1200. I run VR and I can move/resize the widgets but they are still very much in the middle of the VR.
    So is there a way to make the height and width of the HUD?

20. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    In RR you define hotkeys to increase/decrease the distance whole HUD screen (and settings are stored separately for each car). Using this function you can optimize the visualization for VR.