Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. That did it. I 'zoomed' out and then decreased the size of the widgets. Now I can actually see where I'm going!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JackGame88

JackGame88 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi all, recently I've been having an issue that everyone is shown with rating of 1.5 and reputation being blank; is this a known issue? I posted it on Raceroom's discord and one guy said that he has the same issue.
    I'm using OtterHud via CrewChief.

thanks

3. JackGame88

JackGame88 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be working fine now o_O

4. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The radar no longer beeps for me. I don't know why it stopped working. I even tried moving the volume from 50% up to 100%, but it never beeps when I'm next to cars. Anyone know what would cause this? I'm running it with dash (not CrewChief).

5. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Restoring the layout to default fixed it, but then it stopped working again after returning to garage. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  6. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Did you reset CC?

Regards

Ricardo V. Soares

7. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am not using CrewChief. Just dash & OtterHUD. Some of my fellow racers are using CrewChief and have experience the same issue.

8. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Weird.

Have you tried to install both? (dash and crewchief)
    Did this here at home, worked like a charm.

Make sure to have the command line on the advanced mode in steam.

Regards.

Ricardo V. Soares

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  9. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As for Otterhud, there's an option to make it beep and adjust the volume. Sadly, I can't send you a print to show you on screen, but is the vehicle radar option.

Regards

Ricardo V. Soares

10. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Yes, I am aware of the volume control. I've tried changing the value to 100% and it made no difference. To me, the strange thing is how it just stopped working, and then when I reverted the layout to default it came back, and then went away again after returning to the garage. If the issue were related to volume level or output device or drivers or something, I wouldn't expect this back and forth type of behavior. Also, as I mentioned, everyone else in my racing group (about 14 people) have experienced the same issue. I appreciate your help, but I think something is clearly broken in OtterHUD.

11. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Really weird.

I really don't know what is happening over there. For now, I can't help you.

But I'll be seeing what I can do to do so, if possible.

Kind regards

RIcardo V. Soares

12. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I actually hadn't noticed it but yes my beep has stopped as well. Not sure when and only main change on the system has been win11 update

13. Некий

Некий New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have the following problem: in a race, it does not show one driver in front. For example, I'm going fourth, and I get information from HUD that I'm third!! When I overtake this unaccounted driver, he is not on the radar! After the finish, the game itself says that I am the fourth, but HUD informs that I am the third. How to fix it?

14. Некий

Некий New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    here are some other errors

Attached Files:

• def.jpg
      def.jpg
      File size:
      979.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Некий

Некий New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    During practice HUD works, during qualifying HUD works, at the beginning of the race HUD worked for 30 seconds and that's it, hud turned off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I need a little help. I use Otterhud and I like it very much but recently I bought device for head tracking which I can`t explain how immersive it is and how transformed my experience, thing is when I use opentrack (software for head tracking) along side Otterhud game starting to stutter when I move my head. Tried to reduce ai, run Otterhud in low performance mode, changed cores assigned like it was explained in the first post, run RR borderless, full screen, but nothing helps. Is there any way to keep both opentrack and otterhud and have smooth experience? Thanks

17. joeycook719

joeycook719 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Darko. I just started using an Odyssey+ HMD, and I cannot run Otterhud in VR. My specs are i7-9700k, 2070S, and 16GB RAM. I average 80+fps in VR, but as soon as I run Otterhud (tried both CC and dash.exe with identical results) it maxes out my RAM to 99% until it freezes the entire system. Any advice?

18. kinho_Iglesias

kinho_Iglesias New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    friends, I have 3 monitors with 5826x1080, I would like to know if there is a possibility for the hud icons to browse the side screens, does anyone have a solution? Look at the mess that my screen was.
    I thank everyone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  19. steve_davidson14

steve_davidson14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can you adjust the radar to pick up cars from a greater distance?

20. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hey, since a few days my Otter HUD (like some others here), shows no correct position. In practice and Qualifying it works, but when the race starts it shows me sometimes the whole race on the same position, other times i´m 3rd but i´m really 4th. It does not show the leader, but i can see him and spooky things like that :D

Is there a problem in the HUD since any raceroom update or is it a fault an my PC? Hope someone can help.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.