HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A input box for URL would be better.
    The loading of the Hud from local files with file:///whatever/path/index.html takes for ages whenever you hop into the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Makes sense, another thought could be to just have an empty background for the logo and you could just add the logo itself with OBS or whatever recording/streaming software over that spot.

Or maybe just forget the header and just have the streamer add their own logo/background with the streaming software themselves.

@Georg Ortner Whats your most ideal solution?

3. unrealnoise

unrealnoise New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy with the HUD, but I can't belive that, the GTS (a simcade title) has one of the best HUD I have ever seen. It's simple, clean and very useful. The sector times box is almost operfect in GTS. Check out.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    One word... yuck. Don't like that HUD at all. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I seem to have a couple of issues with the latest HUD version.

After using the "show all widgets" function, various widgets I had deactivated before are reactivated. I thought you mentioned something related to that in this thread but I can't find it now, so this may not actually be a bug.

Also, I still cannot move the DRS Activated and P2P activation time widgets, they're stuck at the bottom centre of the HUD.

6. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    It´s explained in the first post (what got actually changed).

7. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    One problem with adding the logo via OBS, is that it will appear whether you're out on track, or in the game menus.

Either uploading the image and entering the url in the settings, or replacing it locally on my hard drive, both would work for me.
    I'm more concerned with users that don't read every forum post, and might end up with a broken header image.
    Maybe a solution for that could be found. I'm thinking a default header image, that can be replaced (RR logo).
    Would probably be a good idea to mention the (recommended) image size somewhere, for ease of use.

Thanks again @OtterNas3 and @Scout for your work. Highly appreciated!

[​IMG]

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I added the explanation to the first post. It is not a bug, it is a neede behaviour, otherwise changes would not get saved at all when you disable the Show all Widgets mode.
    For the P2P/DRS stuff - The "DRS activated" or "P2P activation time" boxes where never moveable only the small "DRS available" and "P2P left: x" was and still are. Nothing changed on that from the Original version.

@Georg Ortner
    Do you only want to show this off in Streams or have it visible to yourself also while Driving?
    When only for Stream it could be a own WebHud, with just this single Widget in it.
    You could then add it as Browser-Source in OBS and if hosted from local PC, it should not even take long to load then.
    It would make things like automation for replacing a logo, or just make multiple versions with different logos, much easier.
    And you still would have the detection for making it invisible when in Menus.

Moo,
    Otter

9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see this when driving. It'd replace the position bar for me.
    It already has more info and looks better too, imo.

Edit: If the customizable header is too much headache, just remove it. Not that big of a deal. Although would be nice ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Are they ever going to be?

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not had a look at it yet, as i not often Drive these type of Cars :D
    Put it on the list doh ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Had a look at how the widgets are being loaded into webhud and unfortunately its not plug and play like i'd hoped. So if a new widget is to be added/shared to another HUD, you must edit some code in a few files to reference that new widget unfortunately. Not the end of the world, but could have been a bit nicer to just be able to drop a new widget into a folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Boremar

Boremar Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your work on this. I have started designing a HUD in the SimHub beta which supports a RRE Web HUD. It's a lot of work and it makes me appreciate what you are doing. Finding this is making me lean towards stopping work on my own.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Newb question, how'd you reposition the in-game map display to the right (mine's default at the left)? Also, OT, how do I disable the game's input widget (gas/brake/wheel), forgot how I turned it on. :D

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If for both youre talking about whats been in the game prior to this webhud stuff then in both cases you first gotta assign a key. For the inputs simply pressing the key will turn it on/off. For the map (i dont know if its moveable since i dont have it activated) youd have to press the button youd previously assigned to "move hud elements" or similar and then you can use your mouse to move stuff around (and resize as well)

16. Duke

Duke New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Otter,
    Just replying that moving the P2P widget does work. As you said I am able to move the one single P2P HUD element
    Also on another feature request, could an option be added to not show the hud by default? Meaning the user has the option on the initial state of the hud (show or hide) while keeping the function of the show/hide icon. There are instances where I (and I assume others) prefer no hud/widgets when first entering the cockpit.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, yes, I'd have to look back on what key I assigned to the Inputs. However for the map (in-game map), is it really moveable? I don't remember assigning a key to display the map, where in settings can I find that, pls? TIA.

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Id have to check to give you a precise answer as well but en/disabling the map should probably just be somewhere in the hud settings so i think settings>gameplay settings. Since wednesday you can move certain hud elements by assigning a key to "move hud elements" or something similar, then pressing that key while you are on track and then using your mouse to drag it around. But i dont know if the map is one of the elements that can be moved so just try it and see if it works :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The Map is resize-/moveable since the last Game update, as @Nico Kunze said.
    You have to assign a Key to it.
    [​IMG]
    When you hold down that Key click&hold with left Mouse on the Map and youre able to move it.
    When you hold down that Key click&hold with right Mouse on the Map and youre able to resize it.

Maybe, i could make the Global "show/hide" state saved to the settings.
    So if you disable, it would stay invisible on the next launch, will have a look.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Didnt know you were supposed to hold it. I just pressed it once and everything worked fine :D