Ovals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lotfidib, May 20, 2022.

1. lotfidib

lotfidib New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that raceroom is the best simulation that really give me how a race car feel on track (and I have tried them all). But without ovals this sim will never be complete.
    Are there any plans to include some oval racing ( a late model or a nascar truck to begin with).
    I bought and tried the silverado truck in iracing. I was not convinced ( the truck is on the track not in the track). With the quality of simulation of raceroom I think that ovals will attract a lot more racers.

2. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Free trial now....try Indy or Daytona with FR-US.

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    As a simracer with more than 25 years in simracing experience...if you want oval racing, the best way (and STILL the greatest Nascar sim ever made) is Nascar Racing Season 2003.
    RRRE has 2 oval tracks, and i enjoy the GT3 Camaro races in Daytona very much. But thats just the tip of the iceberg, a drop of water on a hot stone. NR2003 is the best. Second option is Automobilista 1(!!), look for the CART Extreme mod and dl and install the needed ovals. Just my 2 cents...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The FR-US doesn't really make sense around those ovals in Raceroom because it has way too much downforce. Maybe we'll get an updated version with an oval aero kit at some point.

5. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ofcourse you are allowed to have that oppinion.
    But to get down to something like actual "facts" then a much more updated NR2003 is actually iRacing.
    Which is the only of todays commercial racing sims build on a developed version of the NR2003.exe.
    And if we take virtual racing on ovals then eveluated from perticipation there are no other sims that come even near iRacing.

Note: I have still good ol NR2003 on my HD and a couple of years I participated in one of the most longlasting leagues using the GTP mod to NR2003.
    The league was called FSBracing :cool: