Own names on cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lixma, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Possibly the coolest thing about TOCA 2 was seeing your name in the window....

[​IMG]

Any chance we might see something similar in R3E's future? It would be nice to identify who you're fighting against online without having to refer to overlays or those evil floaty name tags.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I am happy with "Names and Ping" above each car. Even more, I like that I can disable it.
    My name on car, not necessarily at all, right now and even in future, there will be always something more important than this.
    And Sector 3 approves each time new livery with the brands and I believe 3rd person name on the car not included in the license agreement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Quite a few debates about this over the years, apparently technically challenging within the Sims present game engine but next year, with the U4 engine it may well be possible, will it happen, probably not for the above reason!

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    For me it was the online racing, but looking at where your car is positioned i guess it was never gonna be racing ;)
    Lol, nope, behave, having your name on the car was not the coolest thing about TOCA2 not even close, that would be custom skins, or the ability to edit the AI, the fantastic close racing.......................

5. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I get round this issue by using, 'post-it' notes.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    A new series of Competitions is online, including a very special one.

Get your name in the game by competing in the FR X-17 car on Suzuka: http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/743/leaderboard

For the winner of the competition and for one lucky driver who wins the random draw, we will rename one of the FR X-17 AI drivers. This car will carry your name permanently.

Good luck!

Meer weergeven
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    What if your name is; Mr Dickie Cockburn?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Car McCarface.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cedric G.

Cedric G. Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    +1

This feature was very usefull in TOCA, hope to see it in R3E

10. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Iracing does this on the back windshield of oval cars. But of course you can also use trading paints to have your name anywhere you want. The floating names above the cars in R3E is super unrealistic and immersion killing so I always leave it off. Considering liveries are paid for in R3E I doubt we'll ever see this. Unless they could develop a paid for livery that includes your name?

11. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this is just a 'nice to have' feature. Watching the eSports streams it is hard to say who leading, fighting for position, especially when there are three blue Volvos battling. A couple of times even the commentators had to correct themselfs naming the wrong driver.

So for online races it's an absolutely needed feature... and for eSports events even more!

The 'problem' with custom liveries was often talked about in the past. The best solution I guess would be the proposal of selling empty livery places to upload your design to. As I said, often discussed, we just have to wait, I think the developers know how often this topic was brought up here within the forum and what priority it has got for the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Just thinking about this - Shame Sector3 didn't create a new livery and add an additional 2 car team (with the winners names) to the pack of FR X-17's - a Raceroom livery maybe???

Chris

13. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So I was racing online - Having not your name in the windows is a little bit disappointing. I watch replay and I would be so happy to see my name I stead of the driver of the team lol.

14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Own names on cars would be pretty cool if you are able to qualify for the live broadcast competition.

15. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
  16. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice but I would imagine that licencing forbids it (if you meant on the livery).

17. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    That's why it could be great to have the availability to have our own skins...;)

18. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Again a licencing issue most definitely on that one. It may cost a fair bit to Sec3 for a series to have player made skins considering the cars represent a real series and they may charge extra for that feature or forbid it entirely.

And ofc Sec 3 sell liveries themselves, if there was a slot for one player made skin per car modders would make official based or fantasy skins and we would only need to buy one car/skin not all of them if we want variety.