Pace notes in Crew Chief

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Nov 15, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Ayup folks,

As part of my continuing commitment to talk shit constantly at everyone, I've added another mode to Crew Chief. This is all still very new, but the idea is that you (anyone) can use the app to record pace notes while they're driving which can then be played back by the app. Might come in handy for tough tracks like Macau and Nords.

I've made a beta version of the app with this feature (it's not in the official version yet) and have recorded some sample pace notes for WTCC cars at Macau that should be easy to try out. The details are here:

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605

All feedback welcome :)

Jim

• Like x 8
    • Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Useful x 1
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    added obligatory Youtube video. Note that this functionality does work with the rest of the app and behaves properly, but it's intended to be used when you're learning the circuit in practice sessions - running it in a race session will result in a very chatty chief :).

The sample above is (obviously) me, but the app does the recordings so this is something users can create themselves and share if they want. I might extend the app to include a 'known good pace notes' sound pack that I maintain and that is downloaded in the same way as the other sound packs, if it's popular

3. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Recently started using your app. Really enjoying it. The guy always seem to say the right things, like when I'm pushing the car on cold tires in pcars, he's reminding you about that. And the spotting and general reminders. My only complaint so far is the volume. I have it set to max, but even when running raceroom at 25% volume, I can barely hear what he's saying. Any chance you could bump up the volume in future patches? Thanks

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Strange. I have set volume of crew chief to 60% and I have no issues hearing it. Raceroom volume is at 100%

5. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    yeah maybe it is something on my end.. Im using logitech g430 7.1 surround headphones and running raceroom in 7.1 audio mode. But I find the volume to be too low in Pcars 2 as well.

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you're suffering from the same issue I am?

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/volume-levels-after-creators-update.7766/

8. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
  9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    actually, this morning I've just integrated a different audio playback library into the app. This is capable of much higher volumes and can also send the sound to any of the available audio devices. It'll be released in the next few days

upload_2017-11-17_13-45-59.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
  10. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    These are all great additional features, thank you for your brilliant work.

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of adding a nurse mode for us oldies, you know, "Time to take your tablets" etc etc. :D

Great work as usual Mr B!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Great ideas Mr b...is this available as a separate download or as part of crew chief ?

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's in the standard app

14. dim_tsile

dim_tsile New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello!!!
    I've recently discovered CC.
    The only problem I have is that my native language is Greek.
    I want to record pacenotes in Greek. Windows Voice Recognition doesn't support Greek.
    So, my question is this...
    Is there a way that CC can record only what it hears when i'm pressing the assigned button without transferring it to the WVR?
    This way i'll be able to record in Greek.

Thanks!