Bug Pause UI/ Unpause UI

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Nov 20, 2020.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Thought I'd see if I could find a GT3 to zip around Macau for the latest endurance malarky. Picked the Maclaren 650, clipped the wall on first flyer, :rolleyes: hit Esc to restart and ended up with a 'game paused' in top left corner of screen, unfortunately I don't assign a key for pause game, so had a quick dash around the keyboard just in case RR had set one itself in the recent update, well long story short, I didn't find one but I did find this pause UI, pray RR Oracle what is this for? As when I was hopping from Pause to unpause, I for the life of me couldn't see what was occurring, Oh and I had to crash out of Sim as it remained paused no matter what I did.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just to rule that one out, any chance you accidentally paused something like otterhub?

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can pause Otterhud, except w/ the mouse. Wonder what this pause option is for.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well hit shift/spacebar and one will find out, it's not OtterHud, although I do use it,
    I have been using RR regularly since Jan 2013 and never ever have I paused the Sim, I always make sure I don't assign a key for pause as I'm an Arthritic, Sausage fingered moron who'd be pausing by accident 20 times a day. I also checked to see if it had gotten a key assigned in this weeks update but no. The more worrying thing is I wasn't able to un-pause the Sim, only way out was to Alt/F4 my way back to desktop.
    Have just had a thought, on my TM F1 wheel there are 2 thumb rotary switches that, over the years have been rather hit/miss as to whether these are recognised in software, they share in RR with POV up/down, well I did touch one of these prior to the Sim pausing but I'm forever touching the sodding things, as I tend to get rather animated at times and these days have little control over ones digits in the confined quarters of an F1 racing wheel, was thinking that maybe this is a TM wheel issue rather than a RR one.