Pay and get......nothing!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So, this game makes it pretty hard to buy stuff.
    Well buying is not so hard, GETTING the stuff you payed for IS.

I saw the Assen track and clicked on "buy now". The track is 4,95 euro and while I had some 100 vrp, I had to pay 3,95 euro.
    Clicked on that, some Steam window opened and I had to make a purchase of 5 euro......
    Okay, did that, Steam said "thank you" and in game it said (with a green bar on the top) my purchase was successful.

Now the 3,95 euro is gone from Steam, my vrp are gone, and Assen still is not selectable: still says "buy now".

I looked all over and tried "redeem code" but never got any code whatsoever.

So; I'm furious!!
    Paying money is VERY EASY, but getting your stuff makes you wander around in Steam, Raceroom, "portal" and so on and you get NOTHING!

Also; Steam is not really into showing properly what you have bought, right?
    Neither is RR; just said I bought all content in the past and that's it.
    When digging very deep, they just say: "yeah, something with 3,95 on RR" but you don't have a leg to stand on.

In Raceroom; all is empty and no clue of me purchasing anything......the money is gone though!

It's not about that little amount of money; it is the principle!
    You PAY, you GET something otherwise it's a big SCAM!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for responding!
    Indeed, now it's in there.

But you know; it's the principle involved. It's all automatically done and should be very instant, like paying.
    I"m not good with paying online, my wife does that normally but this was so easy, I could do it myself ;)
    It said immediately the purchase was done, so I "should" be able to use my purchase immediately in my opinion; it's all automatically, digital.

When things do go wrong, like now and you try to hang on to your prove of the purchase, that's where it really begins:
    - after a long search, Steam says: "you did something with RR for 3,95" but not mentioning what I did......I can't go to RR with that; it's no real prove I bought that track.
    - RR says, well, nothing! There is NO list of things you bought and more over; no transactions! And that is pretty weird.
    You can see what you own, but the track wasn't in there at that time.
    They should have a list what the transactions were as the remaining 100 vrp were also gone so there WAS some transaction.

And; give a notice it can take a day before you can use it. Don't know why it should take a day........but let people know!
    In the past I bought all content at once and was ably to play it right away; never thought of one track needing a day to drive.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just in case you need it at some point in the future, there is a transaction history. While in the store you can click on the amount of vrp you have on the upper right and then click on show transaction history where everything you bought is displayed including the price and date of purchase

• Like Like x 2
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I nearly purchased all of s3s' content and never had any issues.
    But IT is kinda voodoo going on in the background for me. Too much I do not understand.;)
    Anyhow, glad it's ok for you now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Orpierelllo

Orpierelllo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hello
    when I buy something I always take screenshots
    ciao

• Like Like x 1
  7. banished

banished New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol i just saw you topic on steam support, drama queen xD

8. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fuckface

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Please keep it civil guys. This is a great forum to get support and information. None of us want to see it degenerate into toxic slanging matches... it's childish and there's no place for it here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough.
    Just a bit weird to be called names out of the blue; I responded.

• Like Like x 1
  11. willdj72

willdj72 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The better way to solve a problem that happens, would've been just asking for help.

12. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ah, captain hindsight.
    Let it go man, ages ago.