Problem Pedal input lag in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Parqui, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Parqui

Parqui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The sim works brilliantly on the screen, can't fault it. However when I launch it in VR (Vive Pro) everything is fine except for the pedals. They kind of work, but with enormous lag of 5-10 seconds (yep!) and sometimes no response at all. Of course, it's impossible to drive in the sim like that.

I've tried many car/track combos, tried different usb ports for the pedals, always the same issue. How strange, what could it be?!

I can jump out the sim to go into settings, and I can see the effects of the steering wheel and pedals in the UI, all looks good, just doesn't work in the game in VR.

Grateful for any suggestions for things to work through.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Full system specs , os , wheel pedals , gpu, drivers any other running apps please

Andi

3. Parqui

Parqui New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, here's what I've got ...

PC:
    Intel i7-9700k 3.6 Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GeF0rce RTX2080Ti

USB peripherals (8 ports):
    Wireless keyboard/touchpad
    DofReality P6 motion seat (2 ports)
    HTC Vive Pro 2 VR
    Thrustmaster Ferrari rim
    VRS Directforce Pro DD wheel
    Fanatec CSL pedals
    SRS fans

Software:
    Windows 11
    SRS software (for the DofReality chair and fans)

I've just found I am able to 'activate' the pedals by unplugging other USB devices, like the SRS fans and the DOFreality seat. Everything works as it should then, in VR.

So, I have a solution, if I can live without the SRS fans - but I'd rather have them on, of course.

Of the 8x USB ports used, 4 are on the motherboard and extension PCI card, and the other four are on external powered USB hub. Maybe another extension card instead of the external hub?

Thanks,
    Ian