Pedal unit slipping on carpet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pascal Herbig, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    So after my DFGT gave up on my I dug deep into my wallet and got the T300 Alcantara version and I am REALLY impressed. But unlike the logitech pedals these pedals don't have spikes on the bottom so they slip quite a bit on my carpet. Any way to stop that?

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Nails :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    A friend of mine attached some velcro strips (the side with the small hooks). He seems to have solved his issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    It's a good excuse to get or build a sim rig.:D

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Not everyone has the money/DIY abilities to get/make a sim rig.
    Not everyone wants to dedicate his PC for a sim rig.

Two points to keep in mind.

7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Hence the smiley in his post...

8. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Most of us can't afford this hobby, but we usually see something we like and slowly work our way up as our budgets allow.

You don't have to dedicate a PC to you rig. You can easily move most rigs out of the way when done with it. Many of us do this.

There are plenty of nice low cost stands starting at low as $100. Some good, some not so good. The raceroom store has a decent one for a fair price as well. Probably a bit more than most want to spend, but its on the cheaper side for what it is.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/us/game-seat-rr3055.html
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Going somewhat off topic but just wanted to say that I owned the RR above. Good rig, but it lacked adjustability (inclination of pedal and steering wheel).
    A LOT cheaper, adjustable in all directions and build like a tank: the Simetik K2
    http://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/products/cockpit-k2

I have this one since a few months and it is really top notch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  10. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    My T3PA Pro pedals are close to a wall. I ended up putting the original box, then a sub woofer between the wall and pedals to keep them from sliding. I wasn't using the subwoofer anyway.....wait....now I am.:)

As for a DIY sim rig, I need tools. Been staring at a racing seat in my livingroom for 2 years. But no tools.
    My friends still laugh at me for live streaming - building 2 iKea dressers with a swiss army pocket knife. I would have killed for a hammer!:D

Tools! My Kingdom for some Tools!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  12. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Don't have a subwoofer in the size I need but three books out of an encyclopedia do a good job aswell. Thanks for the hint.

By the way, do you use the conical brake mod or not?

13. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    tion
    Originally, I did want to install it, but I figured if the pedals move across the carpet without the mod, it would be worse with the mod.
    Now, I lost the directions. But I'll figure it out after I finish re-formatting my pc.
    ----------------------------
    @Grenth
    The seat restraint is a great idea. I had problems of pressing the brake pedal and my seat rolling backwards.
    I solved my "seating position" in two ways.
    1) Removed the wheels from my office chair. Works great on carpet. And my eyes are barely above my F1 wheel now.
    2) re-Installed 2 wheels at the front of the chair base. It gave me a more natural racing position incline. And made it easier to move the chair around.
    Thanks for the tool tip.
    Need basic stuff, plus circular saw, jigsaw.....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  14. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Yep, got this one as well and it's awesome !

Not sure but I don't think they have resellers anywhere in the world, but they do ship to the US on request, you have to email them to get a quote for shipping costs. It might cost you and arm and a leg though, 'cos this rig's like REALLY heavy. Built like a tank, as Fanapryde said :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    okay...I had no directions on how to install it, but I think I figured it out....
    except...I have about 1/4" of pedal travel and the brake pedal feels HARD immediately. Too hard. I can't keep my chair from slipping. Really hard to get used too. If it had softer conical rubber so the brake felt more progressive.
    fyi