Penalty clarification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, May 2, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Have a probably dumb question, but it has happened a couple times and i'm not sure why. On a couple online races my car has been limited to 50mph after a few laps, probably after missing a corner or a bump with another car - is this a penalty i need to wait out or is my car damaged?

This last one was on Hockenheimring which i don't know well, so I hung back and followed the pack, ended up missing a few corners, then got rear-ended fairly lightly by another back-packer, next thing i know i can't go over 50mph.

Would love to get a run down of whats happening here - excuse my ignorance and thanks!

2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    any chance you accidentally engaged your pit limiter?

Otherwise, not sure if its still running on some servers atm but there is the slowdown penalty, but that should only slow you down for a short amount of time after cutting the track.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'll check out the pit limiter - definitely a possibility - thanks for the tip

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I think that may have been the issue. After certain 'incidents' I went to type a quick comment to communicate with other drivers or just curse my bad situation. In the process, accidentally hit 'L' key.

Now i know how to use the pit limiter. Great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1