Penalty & flags

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, Apr 10, 2017.

1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ...and the car(s) causing yellow should be allowed to be overtaken

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Frankly, Im not sure how this is happening.

The way this is coded, the car that causes the yellow flag should never give a penalty when you pass him. Meaning, the cause of the yellow flag should always be passable and when you do so, you should never get a penalty for passing him.

This is still being investigated, but it just doesnt make sense =/

3. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    There were many strange things going on, on a Server (DTM/Norisring) with about 15 Drivers there were so many yellows and drive throughs, it was frustrating.
    I could've reported those, but situations were unclear. I could only report what was a clear situation and it happened to me, so, no hearsay.
    It is because it makes no sense that I am reporting this
    kind regards

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    But this doesnt always work, Nate, as I had shown here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/flag-issues.7668/page-2#post-112567

Intension was really great with the Flags, but we dont use this option right now, just because it isnt working properly. On the other hand, a bunch of ppl complained last Friday, that no flags were shown, because we disabled them. So currently it would be best showing the blue and yellow flags without any penalties given, until you've figured out a way to solve the problems. Just like Kunos does it, for example. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Had a race against AI, there were three AI cars that had an accident in the fast NGK chicane on Nürburgring, they all spin out and stood on the track. It was yellow but i was allowed to overtake all of them. But i also already had the case that the AI spun out in front of me and i got a penalty for overtaking this particular car.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I had my first experience with the Yellow-Flag in a MP Race in Hockenheim. If I remember right, quite a few other forum-Members were there, too.

Generally quite a good thing to have that, but yeah - a few tweaks are needed as I noticed two bigger problems.

As there were two funny guys who parked on Start/Finish-Straight and so causing yellow there thru the whole race, I noticed two problems.
    1. Regarding to the Start/Finish-Straight.
    Alot of the guys get Drive-Trough's and Stop & Go Penaltys(incl. me) during the race. As they want to solve them, they needed to enter the Pits. In that section the yellow flag with no Overtake was already active. To get into the pits you need to slow down early to reach the entry. Every other car that follow will pass then for sure. Unfortnately that causes the need to give a place back. I'm not totally sure, but I think that passing a car on Racetrack while the other car is on the way into pitlane causes that need to give a place back, too. That leads to strange situations on track, as in one case the car in front of me slowed down suddenly to gave a place back and I passed him under yellow has I wasn't aware of such a reaction.

2. In the first lap a guy spun in the hairpin what causes a pile up and yellow flag for sure. Normally you slowly try to find a way through that mess. But under yellow flag without overtaking allowed, that seems to be a major task... I was trying to give places back after I've made it through, but for others who didn't it was raining penaltys after that - not sure if the penalty wasn't the better solution, as I had to wait quite a long time and more guys where passing me than I had to.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Think I may have been in this one, catastrophe, no idea who you can pass or not, cars leaving and rejoining track all over the place, more drive throughs than a McDonald's franchise and as for having 5 secs to let someone repass when there is no one behind is just too far out crazy bat shit, I managed 3 drive throughs but getting another on exiting pits for not giving a place back, AGAIN, well I dropped the mike and exited stage left!
    Why, oh why can't an asshole who parks on the exit of the last bend be nuked? If you are not moving when getting lapped you're bumped to pits, flag system as is makes MP races ridiculously, confusing affairs, with close racing almost impossible. Of course things may well improve as people are shoehorned into divisions for official races but what happens about MP races, will one only be allowed to race people from the same division (limiting potential opposition even more) or will it be the same as now, open to all, whereupon the same nightmare ensues?

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, something like that wouldn't be that bad... Something like that happen when you're out of fuel or totaled your engine, too. After a few seconds you'll be moved to the pits. So that might be an Idea for cars that stands there for more than like 10 seconds and are ghosted... Maybe a bit more funny would be, to have your car placed in the next bucket on the Trackside instead of the Pit...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dendroidking

dendroidking New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I drove behind AI when they received their DTP and they are just hitting the "sausage kerb". A cut yes, but when 19 cars out of 21 receive Drive throughs, maybe we can find another solution? No idea if that would be possible, but maybe check if AI gained a place due to the cut, if not just warn him. Or maybe there could be an algorhythm to check the speed during the cut and compare it to normal race speed. Most cuts occured when a dense field squeezed through the chicane so they were a lot slower than in race speed. Just two ideas

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What track?

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like hockenheim, I know that German Sausage!

• Funny Funny x 1