Bug Penalty for overtaking under yellow flag

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by leonatic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You're allowed to overtake the car responsible for the yellow flag. Well, most of the time you are. If you watch the (tiny, yes) instructions under the flag, they should change from "Do not overtake" to "Allowed overtake" when you're passing the car that caused the yellow flag.

• Like Like x 1
  2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    That's the way it should be (and sometimes it works), but it isn't.
    My guess is: When there are other cars involved in the incident besides the one causing yellow, those other cars are not treated as a cause for yellow. Then positions shuffle a bit and chaos is unavoidable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    If I have understood correctly here's how it should work:
    • If you are within 50 meters of the Yellow Flag when it triggers you are part of the incident. You are allowed to overtake.
    • Multiple cars can be sources of Yellow Flags.
    • You are allowed to overtake the source(s) of the Yellow Flag(s), as well as cars in Pit Lane and cars that are Off Track.
    One scenario that seems to happen often is when one driver feels the need to slow down to avoid a crashed car and another driver doesn't. The one who doesn't slow down overtakes even though they didn't attempt to.

Funny you mention that, because that's exactly what I thought. I've been reassured multiple cars can and should be sources of Yellow Flags.

4. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
  5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well I'd say it sometimes doesn't work and most of the time it does (after the last update, not counting today's), but I guess it's a matter of perspective and we're basically in agreement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be much better after the patch :)
    In fact, there was no reason to complain :D
    Let's do some more testing

• Like Like x 1
  7. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    after the patch yesterday evening, still have some issue. The Honda is off track, yellow flag, the Lada didn't overtake anyone but got the black/white and was asked to let pass, but who should he let pass ?? o_O
    There was no car in the pit or in the grass on the right

8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, two of the drivers in our yesterday's race had a very similar thing happen to them. One of them has a video available and from analyzing the timing of the flag, it almost looks as if they got the message to give the position back right as they passed a spot where another car was at the moment the yellow flag was thrown, and the game somehow didn't realize the car's no longer there. That's the only explanation I could come up with, if it makes any sense.

Can provide both the video (though I asked the guy to post it here) and a replay file if needed.

9. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thats the video @Case is referring to:

• Like Like x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In a short race this evening I had a similar problem. I'm not 100% sure what caused it, but I got a penalty for passing under yellow, without really overtaking anyone.
    Maybe it was due to two different yellow-flag situations, as on Start-/Finish-Straight two cars were causing independent yellow zones.
    1st - v. gr goes straight in Bus-Stop-Chicane standing at the wall and causing a yellow flag (he is on the left side after going on Start-/Finish-Straight.
    2nd - g. fredy standing on the right side of the track at Start-/Finish-Line during the whole race, causing a yellow flag there.

11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Cars standing at the side of the track for more than say a minute should honestly be either kicked out from the game or completely ghosted and ignored :(

12. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I've already provided the full replay to JF so they can have a look.
    But anyway, my opinion is that an off track car should be overtaken without any penalty or position to be given back

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    That's what should happen... :confused:

14. kL1ck

kL1ck Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    20+ gt3 cars on norisring
    after start i was on 1st place some round later , an accident in front of me with 3 cars involved
    got a stop and go penalty like many others ^^

i would like to upload the log files but it says error :(

15. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I was second to last, 30 sec ahead of last. Then yellow, still second to last, noone to overtake. Got drive-through.
    disabeling full flags on our servers
    AGAIN

16. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    noticed something, I was told to give up place for overtaking under yellow and subsequently disqualified for not doing so. There was a yellow, they'd been waved for a while so I was watching closely not to overtake any of the zero cars I could see on track, off track just entering pit lane one car, ....... I'd just rounded the last corner at raceroom raceway and floored it ....the only car I passed was in the pit lane though not quite at the pit lane speed limiter line he was close and already on the limiter judging by how I flew past him. Is this the start of pit lane for the game? does the game consider that car to be still racing and not classing the car as pitting until the lane limit line is crossed or the AI takes control maybe? Either way, yellows waving you can't be expected to go pit lane speed until yellows are off. Can't be that difficult to change, sort of thing you'd expect the dev's to have in their advanced settings .... c'mon there'll be hell on at the drivers meeting. ;-) Oh and since the last update when someone joins a room I'm in the game freezes for 2-3 seconds which is really annoying if you're in qualy, not every time though, don't know if there's a commonality between the ones that cause the freezes, high ping, or something like that maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    it's way too easy to oversee the tiny text below the yellow flag. what about showing a waved yellow if overtaking is not allowed?

18. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The text is tiny I agree, however if there's a yellow we all know not to overtake... but surely that cannot mean the racers heading to pit. As soon as they take the pit lane entrance they should be seen as off track. What I find strange is that the games developers seem to want to give us as best a racing sim as they, or anyone, can, and yet didn't look to motor sport at all it seems when deciding how to give penalties or what they should be...... on track slow downs, I can only hope that the bright spark who came up with that one now sits alone at lunch time, quietly, in case more garbage falls out of his brain into the ears of other dev's ;-)

19. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    nope...... it didn't.... just reintroduced the game freeze as players join room. Guys, I hope to god that you're all out getting smashed every night, shagging and partying your way to the middle aged embolism that eventually curtails your outlandish hedonistic lifestyle. that is the only acceptable excuse for this shoddy work. Don't you have systems of checks so that previous fixed or patched errors aren't put back into game in original code?

• Dislike Dislike x 1