Bug Penalty for yellow Flag not clearing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thxave, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Must be a bug. I noticed it yesterday in GT3 at the same track. Today I had two races with AI on 97 at Suzuka. I received a penalty during a yellow flag in both races. Had to give three places back. No matter how many cars I let bye the penalty did not clear and I had to serve a drive through after the time expired.
    Or am I possibly missing something?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just set the flags to visual only when running against ai , as ai do not serve flag penalties ever ,
    also did this happen near the bridge section

Andi

3. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    yes, it did happen near the bridge section.

4. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure about that? Last week I had GTR3 race on Suzuka GP layout, with adaptive AI. And there were spins of AI in laps 2, 3 and 4 (always on turn under the bridge). I did all good in first 2 but I got penalty for overtaking under yellow on lap 4 to serve it in next 3 laps. As I continued, I could see on laps 5 and 6 that about half of the grid was serving drive through (from crew chief). It could be my bad memory, but for 20min race, I don't think they should do normal pitstop.

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    pretty sure

Andi

6. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I'll try to pay more attention next time. It's didn't bother me then since I got a flag for going slow on clear part of track while 3-4 cars were stuck behind half-spun car. :)

7. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I saw that as well. Quite a few AI cars were given drive through penalties.
    This happened with GT3 and in Silhouette cars.

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    mmmm, can you look at the video of that , my assumption is they are repairing aero/suspension damage etc
    basically as far as we know (unless they have wrote there own moral code , and self evolved) there is no code in place (not that we havent tried) to give the ai flag , cut track etc based penalties

Andi

9. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'll try the race again later today when I get home.
    It popped up on the screen, driver names and drive through penalties. Quite a few one after another.

10. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well I ran a GT3 race at Suzuka today with 29 AI cars. I started in 20th and tried to stay in the middle for the race. The first AI car to get a drive through penalty was with 8min or so remaining. At about 5 min to go a yellow came out close to the bridge. I received a warning to give a place back. I slowed but no car passed me and it cleared so I pushed on. Numerous AI cars were getting drive through penalties. Blue messages with driver "name:drive through penalty" kept popping up.
    After the hairpin past the bridge two AI cars slowed to a crawl. I am assuming to give a place back. I could see no other reason for them to have slowed as nothing was in front of them. The second caused me to crash as he slowed on the straight and pulled in front of me.
    The AI must be getting some type of penalty. I have never noticed this AI behavior before the last round of updates.

11. Henrik Fredborg

Henrik Fredborg New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Saw the same issue today. GT3. AI at 104.
    AI cars were crashing under the bridge and at one point 3 cars just got stuck on the exit of the corner. Got at penalty for passing them. At that point I just ragequit. Please fix this issue. Racing with AI in GT3 at Suzuka is impossible currently.

12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can i ask why you run flags against ai , just set to visual only .......

Andi