Problem Performance Issue with Triple Screen + No FFB

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bigeye Bubble Fish, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Bigeye Bubble Fish

Bigeye Bubble Fish New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

I'm really struggling with RaceRoom.

I have a pretty decent computer (i7-8700K @ 3.70 Ghz / RTX2080Ti / 32 GB / 1 Tb SSD) with a triple screen setup (3 x 32").

I run all my racing games (ACC, AC, iRacing, RF2) at max specs with a resolution of 7680 x 1440, and usually I get a solid fps. For unknown reasons, I can't get even 30 fps constant with the graphic settings at the lowest.

Also, I have no FFB with my Fanatec CS Wheel Base 2.5 while the wheel and the base are recognised and functional.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Damien

2. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Anyone having issues using Surround with latest Nvidia driver, solution is to revert to previous driver. Latest driver has issues with Surround. When I reverted all was well again, and has stayed well.

GL

3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    A little more clarity from my own experience. I was in RaceRoom and all of a sudden my monitors went very bright and I no longer could see my CSW 2.5 WB in R3E. When I removed Surround everything went back to normal with the monitors, but I still had no WB. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Fanatec drivers with no luck. The WB would not show up in R3E or the Fanatec settings page. I then reverted the Nvidia driver to the previous version (search, it's easy) and everything has been fine since then. Others have told me they experienced the same issue with Surround and Nvidia driver, so I'm passing it along in hopes it helps someone else not waste 4 hours like I did trying to figure this out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bigeye Bubble Fish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your replies on both forums. Much appreciated.

5. Bigeye Bubble Fish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I reverted to an earlier version of the drivers and it does not work. Sad.

6. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I still had a few redraw issues on the left monitor in cockpit view. I ended up uninstalling all the nvidia drivers and installed 461.40-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql. Not an issue since. I'll stick with this driver and no more updating.

Good luck. btw be sure you have auto-updating off.