Problem Perpetual loading screen...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    When trying to start a singleplayer practice session I get stuck at the loading screen forever.
    I've tried 2 cars and 2 tracks, same result.
    I've reinstalled the game, same result, but it kept my settings so might have to try get rid of those?
    Any other ideas?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, what car and track combos are you actually trying to use? I have had some issues in the past where I would try to launch some practice sessions, and it would just seem to hang before ever reaching the actual track and its lobby.

Are you getting the little loading icon in the middle of the screen that fades the background and looks like a clock? This is usually what I see when it hangs, but hitting the escape key twice and waiting a moment, kicks me back out to the main Portal. From there I can re-enter RaceRoom, and pick out a different car/track and launch them just fine.

This has only happened to me maybe 3 times in 6 months, so Im not sure what the cause is. You might have some other issue, but Im sure it would help to know exactly what you see on the screen when it gets stuck.

3. Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I first tried the new Caddy on Sonoma, then changed to the GTR2 Ruf, then changed track to Indianapolis, all yielding the same result.
    I have to kill the process and start the game again every time this happens, wasted the better part of an hour yesterday trying to get it to work :(

4. Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So, I tried renaming the Raceroom Racing Experience folder (found here; C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\SimBin), lo and behold now I can load into a track!
    Granted, this was with only keyboard and mouse attached and the default profiles (as renaming the folder sets everything to default afaik), so I have to test again later tonight when I can pull out my wheel stand, hook everything up and configure my controls, hopefully it'll still work then!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jay Smizzle

Jay Smizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I can't load a race. It's stuck on a perpetual loading screen as well. It worked fine yesterday.

EDIT: It's working now. Must have just been a temporary problem with their servers.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015